Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 05:53 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
My car insurance company is supposedly now owned by a different higher up company,
which raised my yearly rate from $371 to $720 a year, almost a 100% increase, which starts this coming week.

I'm 77, have a good driving record, drove only 327 miles this past year, and haven't made any claims.
I currently have collision insurance, but not comprehensive. It seems to me that they're charging way too much.

My car is a Plug in Prius but was purchased used and was not expensive.
Thus I can afford to pay for any repairs, and my low mileage reduces the potential for damages.

Is it possible for me to get just liability and uninsured coverage and would that be enough for me?
If so, what coverage should I look for, and what companies are most likely to provide it for reasonable rates?
If you only drive 327 miles a year, then sell your car and take a taxi. (Uber & Lyft are too expensive.)

Really, if your insurance costs you over 2 dollars per mile, then it's time to rethink driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance