Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2023, 07:00 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times

Advertisements

I was diagnosed yesterday with it and spent the whole night researching online. I'm now waiting for my consultation with an oncologist, apparently this is usually a chronic lifelong condition. If you have some first hand knowledge on this cancer please share what has helped you. I'm grade 1-2 slow growing tumor but with symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 10:31 AM

1,147 posts, read 860,779 times
Sorry that you have to be challenged with your condition. My experience is mainly through diagnostics. Follicular lymphoma is a common form that is commonly presented in the blood (leukemic phase). The cells are clefted comprised predominantly of a nucleus with very scant if any of cytoplasm. This has lead to the common name of butt cell. It is diagnosed with flow cytometry. The name follicular is derived from the origins of the cells structurally found in lymph nodes where the follicles are formed normally. These are reaction centers that form follicles within the lymph node. There are various grades of lymphoma with the higher grades that are more malignant and metabolically active and more aggressive compared to the lower graded lymphomas.

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is identical to well differentiated lymphocytic lymphoma (WDLL) which is why it is often written as chronic lymphocytic leukemia/lymphoma. That is a low grade lymphoma.

There has been new drugs out there treating low grade lymphomas so I know that there is active research in the field.

In general it is an age related lymphoproliferative disorder as the incidence rises with age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer