Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 10:06 PM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Getting out of the hospital can be a lot like breaking out of prison
Ha! When I was finally let go -uhm I mean l released- it WAS like a breakout. Took my shower, packed the little bit of stuff I brought, piled me and plastic bags in wheelchair before hitting the pharmacy at 12pm. Zoomed to revolving door out and found my insurance covered medical ride. By 12:30 pm.I was home. Whew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
When I was in the hospital in 2021, there was an alarm on the bed that went off if I got up to pee at night. Super annoying to call the nurse to let me get up.
Alarms on your bed? Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Yup. The "alarm bed" seems to be standard in hospitals now. You're right, it's extremely annoying.

Well, at least the food was good.
I haven't experienced the alarms ever. Was there a reason for it? Like being a fall risk? The last time I was in an hospital was five years ago and was not used then.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 03-07-2023 at 11:35 PM..

Old 03-07-2023, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz88 View Post
Have had some years working in Nursing as well as EMT on rescue, numerous hospitals stays starting at 12with a knee recently cancer ect.ect.ect. ect…so have been on both sides of the bed Soto speak…my bed alarm was always going off, got tired of waiting for someone..I am not very patient these days, no pun intended.
Maybe it happens in different parts of the country?. I am in the Midwest and I was in the hospital four or five times in Tennessee. Didn't happen either place.

I would had a few accidents if that (alarm on bed & getting to bathroom) had happened to me!

Old 03-07-2023, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I didn't even have the good food going for me. I lost 25 pounds in a week, and the only food I could eat was pancakes and fruit cup. Everything else just tasted awful.
That is terrible. Did your doctor say anything about your weight loss?

Old 03-08-2023, 06:37 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
That is terrible. Did your doctor say anything about your weight loss?
No. I'm overweight, so losing the pounds wasn't a big deal to the doctors. My wife wanted me to keep the starvation diet going.

Old 03-10-2023, 09:32 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Hoping for a quick and full recovery for you, Wild Flower.

Old 03-11-2023, 01:25 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Wild Flower, just read this thread, so sorry that you are going through this all by yourself. I don't really know what to say. I sincerely hope you will find a person who will take care of you in these hard times. Don't give up. Take your supplements and vitamins. Let us know your progress!

Old 03-11-2023, 02:06 AM

I don't know why my message did not post completely. It just said thank you. And I slept. I wrote more!

I am trying again! Didn't work!

Last edited by Wild Flower; 03-11-2023 at 02:41 AM..

Old 03-11-2023, 03:15 AM

MightyQueen, thank you for wishing me a quick and full recovery!

temptation001- good to see you :-) yes, I wish I could find a special friends and maybe someone special too. But seems rather late in the game. Oh well...

As far as recovery goes, so far, so good. Though yesterday, Friday I fell / slipped off my bed. It was hard getting up! Of course I had no one here and I was stuck on the floor, unable to get up at first. But where there's a will there's a way!

Once I was sitting up, I had to open my bedroom door with me blocking the entrance. LoL I started by getting the stuck doorknob unstuck and putting one foot between the door and the frame and sliding my other foot next to the first foot! Voila, the door opened wide! I could scoot through the door on my knees and I headed for my small folding chair. I pulled up on the chair using one foot and one knee and got up on the chair. Whew! Never so.thankful for that chair!

It has been one week- well actually one week and a day since I had my surgery. I've been sleeping mostly- time flies while you're sleeping! Haha I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 03-11-2023, 10:36 AM

10,298 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Getting out of the hospital can be a lot like breaking out of prison
Truer words are seldom spoke. I see it almost every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer