Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times

Advertisements

A close friend of mine had throat cancer, surgery, radiation and chemo. He finished and 2 weeks ago had scan, cancer in his ribs, back, shoulder and leg. He goes to the doctor today, doctor told him to bring his family. He is only 48 years old. I will call him tonight but it does not sound good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Just called him, dr. gave him 3 months. This sucks another death soon, now a close friend. Mom first, then sister 2 months ago now friend.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
So PETScan results-- cancer everywhere. Consult at Johns Hopkins and no one recommends anything but palliative care. The feeding tube is being put in direct to her stomach on Monday. I am flying to see her ASAP. Prognosis is a few months at best if she can intake enough calories.

Im so sorry. Is she going to allow the feeding tube?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,852,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Im so sorry. Is she going to allow the feeding tube?

Today they are saying they want to do a stint because she may not be strong enough for the tube procedure right now. She is thinking it over.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Just called him, dr. gave him 3 months. This sucks another death soon, now a close friend. Mom first, then sister 2 months ago now friend.
Steve,

I am sorry. The worse part of all this, other than facing death for him and his family is going through all the proceedures, side effects, etc and then to be told it was in vain. No, I am sure it wasn't totally in vain, but just finishing the treatments and then to be told, you have 3 months to live.. how sad. The stories we hear about those who have treatments and continue to enjoy life for a year, two years or more , even if, eventually their life ends from cancer, are the wonderful stories. There are a lot of them..We probably all have been touched by those who have benefitted from surgery, radiation and chemo, but for those who have not, my heart just breaks.

Nita

Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,481 times
My grandmother died from this type of cancer. It would have been much easier had she refused treatment from the beginning. Her quality of life wouldn't have been so bad in the last few months.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Steve,

I am sorry. The worse part of all this, other than facing death for him and his family is going through all the proceedures, side effects, etc and then to be told it was in vain. No, I am sure it wasn't totally in vain, but just finishing the treatments and then to be told, you have 3 months to live.. how sad. The stories we hear about those who have treatments and continue to enjoy life for a year, two years or more , even if, eventually their life ends from cancer, are the wonderful stories. There are a lot of them..We probably all have been touched by those who have benefitted from surgery, radiation and chemo, but for those who have not, my heart just breaks.

Nita
thanks, I just cant image it. I will definately spend time w/ my friend.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM

my friend died on Saturday. It was quick thank God.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Sorry for your loss. I hope to go quickly one day.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Sorry for your loss. I hope to go quickly one day.
my sister died Nov. 27th this past year so 2 months ago. She went during a sugery but was put under, in a funny way it was a nice death no pain at all, its like she was sleeping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer