Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,696 posts, read 3,113,788 times

Advertisements

I’ve been craving Kraft dinner a lot lately but they got rid of the old flavour a few years ago and there’s a bunch of weird stuff like paprika and turmeric that doesn’t have that artificial chemical cheese taste that we’ve all grown to love over the years. Does anyone know a store that sells a bulk Mac & cheese powder that I could mix with macaroni to get a similar taste on my own? I’m not eating the stuff to be healthy, sometimes you just want that fake stuff as a late night snack. Apparently Canadians eat the most Kraft Dinner in the world, so I figured this is the best place to ask. It’s part of our cultural heritage the same way they love drinking Irn Bru in Scotland. Does anyone have some recommendations you can get at the chain stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM

3,489 posts, read 2,831,115 times
https://www.amazon.ca/Hoosier-Hill-F...s%2C134&sr=8-7

Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM

7,310 posts, read 9,358,639 times
I still see original Kraft dinner in stores here.

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,696 posts, read 3,113,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I still see original Kraft dinner in stores here.
They still sell the brand but they changed the ingredients a few years back and I’m looking for an alternative that tastes like how I remember it. I like the fake artificial cheese they used to have, the new formula isn’t as good in my opinion.

Old Today, 09:09 AM

32,695 posts, read 48,250,531 times
The Trio cheese sauce mix is pretty good. It does have a little bit of turmeric for color, but turmeric is healthy for you.

I see it for sale at my local restaurant supply company, but Trio is a major company, so their sauces and gravy mixes are probably widely available.

I have no idea how similar it might be to boxed mac and cheese, since I don't eat mac and cheese. I use the Trio cheese powder for baking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada