Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 01:26 PM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I had never heard of Mme Diallo, or, her name hadn't stuck in my head over whatever I might have read. I just read the Wikipedia article - so what is racist about her?

I remember that you're not originally from Quebec but you do seem to have thrown your lot in with Quebec viewpoints.

I'll try to respond later to the rest of your post.
In the US she would be called a race hustler.

She says stuff like that "even if black people practice hate against white people that's not racism".

Or that all white people without exception are racist, even unknowingly.

She's also said lots of weird things about Jews, their whiteness, and the Holocaust.

Surprise surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 02:16 PM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In the US she would be called a race hustler.

She says stuff like that "even if black people practice hate against white people that's not racism".

Or that all white people without exception are racist, even unknowingly.

She's also said lots of weird things about Jews, their whiteness, and the Holocaust.

Surprise surprise!
it is very common to hear this. A lot of people think certain groups of people were wronged in the past, so it's ok for them to do and say what they want to other people, no matter how hateful it maybe. I have literally heard people say Black and Indians folks cannot be racist.

I just had some on earlier today on another forum say a ceratin country was wronged by the British empire in the past, therefore it is ok for them do what ever they want in and take over Canada.

Last edited by Luisito80; 04-13-2024 at 02:24 PM..

Old 04-13-2024, 05:02 PM

Foreign landlord fails to pay taxes, CRA goes after tenant
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...-after-tenant/

Old 04-13-2024, 05:52 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Canada needs to take care of their citizens first before bringing in more.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
it is very common to hear this. A lot of people think certain groups of people were wronged in the past, so it's ok for them to do and say what they want to other people, no matter how hateful it maybe. I have literally heard people say Black and Indians folks cannot be racist.

I just had some on earlier today on another forum say a ceratin country was wronged by the British empire in the past, therefore it is ok for them do what ever they want in and take over Canada.

This is from 2016, so it's been going on a for a while in Canada.

People weren't noticing that much as these were probably seen as one-offs. Now it seems like it's a stronger trend and also in many cases official government policy that is embedded in laws and regulations.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...me-judge-rules

Old 04-15-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This is from 2016, so it's been going on a for a while in Canada.

People weren't noticing that much as these were probably seen as one-offs. Now it seems like it's a stronger trend and also in many cases official government policy that is embedded in laws and regulations.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...me-judge-rules

LOL That's insane.

Quote:
I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offence was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”
She said herself what her motives were.

I hate to say it but I saw a similar situation on a bus when I first moved here to WInnipeg.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:19 AM

This also serves as a reminder that these issues are far from being solely related to immigrants and immigration.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:54 PM

For the record, when I said Indians I wasn't talking about Natives. I meant people from India.

I brought that up because recently on another forum, some one posted something about student visa scams and crime related to people here in student visas. There were several people commenting that none of that matters and Candians should just take it because India was once a colony of Britain and Canadians are descendants of the British, so they just need to shut up and take it for what they did in India.

There was also a lot of mocking Canadians saying Canada needs Indians because Canada is now a nonbinary country and people here no longer have kids. Among other things I won't repeat here.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
For the record, when I said Indians I wasn't talking about Natives. I meant people from India.

I brought that up because recently on another forum, some one posted something about student visa scams and crime related to people here in student visas. There were several people commenting that none of that matters and Candians should just take it because India was once a colony of Britain and Canadians are descendants of the British, so they just need to shut up and take it for what they did in India.

There was also a lot of mocking Canadians saying Canada needs Indians because Canada is now a nonbinary country and people here no longer have kids. Among other things I won't repeat here.
Stupidest.

Takes.

Ever.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:52 PM

Riddhi Patel is a palestinian supporter that works somewhere in Californa and is also an openly facist hindu making death threats. Imagine anyone else talking like this? it would be all over the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada