Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 12:52 AM

36,671 posts, read 67,650,848 times

Advertisements

"...The folks over at Agent Advice sought to answer that question, polling 3,000 respondents to find the most aspirational streets across the country, according to a statement.

This one is for fun, but Agent Advice notes that, in places across the country, “certain streets are not just thoroughfares – they are symbols of status and sophistication.

“These destinations are the epitome of luxury, representing the highest ideals of prestige and privilege,” Agent Advice notes..."

10 Most Coveted Streets in the United States:
No. 1 Casey Key Road in Nokomis, Florida
No. 2 Laurel Way in Beverly Hills, California
No. 3 Gordon Drive in Naples, Florida
No. 4 South Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach, Florida
No. 5 Hillside Drive in Sedona, Arizona
No. 6 West Forest Road in Vail, Colorado
No. 7 Tuxedo Road in NW Atlanta, Georgia
No. 8 Skyline Boulevard in Oakland, California
No. 9 Upper Hollow Road in Dorset, Vermont
No. 10 Nod Hill Road in Wilton, Connecticut

https://www.courant.com/2024/04/27/c...resses-in-u-s/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 06:34 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,188,594 times
Oakland?!??

Old 05-08-2024, 09:17 AM

102,257 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Oakland?!??
It's surprising how many people really don't know Oakland.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:52 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,188,594 times
Well, being #6 for Property Crime and #11 for Violent Crime (out of the 100 largest cities in the U.S.) probably skews perception a bit...some of us don't equate high crime with being a desirable place to live...

Old 05-08-2024, 09:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,491,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I worked in Oakland for 17 years and lived there part of that time. Skyline Blvd is high in the hills with several regional parks, and amazing views, where home prices start at about $1.2 million. That's actually pretty reasonable compared to the same vintage/size homes in nearby Orinda that are over $2 million.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:14 AM

10,364 posts, read 8,608,792 times
How is it that there is not a top 10 with a street in New York, Chicago, or others . Kind of a worthless list.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:39 AM

3,484 posts, read 5,287,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Well, being #6 for Property Crime and #11 for Violent Crime (out of the 100 largest cities in the U.S.) probably skews perception a bit...some of us don't equate high crime with being a desirable place to live...
You have to remember that Oakland is huge! It's so huge that it's considered one of the best cities in the country for hiking! That's because there are vast regional parks where you are miles away from civilization and are in the middle of nature. There are also fancy neighborhoods with historic homes and yes, lots of high crime areas. Skyline Boulevard is many miles away from where all this stuff happens and is close to all the nature. It's almost like living in the country. If someone wanted to break into your car, they would literally have to drive up windy Mountain roads for 20 minutes to get there. So it's pretty much insulated from all those problems you hear about, even though it's technically in Oakland. It's absolutely beautiful. For us, it would be too far away from conveniences though.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

"...The folks over at Agent Advice sought to answer that question, polling 3,000 respondents to find the most aspirational streets across the country, according to a statement.

This one is for fun, but Agent Advice notes that, in places across the country, “certain streets are not just thoroughfares – they are symbols of status and sophistication.

“These destinations are the epitome of luxury, representing the highest ideals of prestige and privilege,” Agent Advice notes..."

10 Most Coveted Streets in the United States:
No. 1 Casey Key Road in Nokomis, Florida
No. 2 Laurel Way in Beverly Hills, California
No. 3 Gordon Drive in Naples, Florida
No. 4 South Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach, Florida
No. 5 Hillside Drive in Sedona, Arizona
No. 6 West Forest Road in Vail, Colorado
No. 7 Tuxedo Road in NW Atlanta, Georgia
No. 8 Skyline Boulevard in Oakland, California
No. 9 Upper Hollow Road in Dorset, Vermont
No. 10 Nod Hill Road in Wilton, Connecticut

https://www.courant.com/2024/04/27/c...resses-in-u-s/
As nice as Skyline Boulevard is, I'm still a little surprised it would be top 10 in the country. I can think of many streets we've been on in California that seem much more exclusive and beautiful.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:47 AM

1,214 posts, read 675,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I will freely admit that I don't know Oakland, but are you really going to tell me that Skyline Blvd in Oakland is more prestigious than some other view street in Piedmont? Or some street up in Marin/Tiburon/Mill Valley? Or streets in Woodside or Atherton?

Old 05-08-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
I will freely admit that I don't know Oakland, but are you really going to tell me that Skyline Blvd in Oakland is more prestigious than some other view street in Piedmont? Or some street up in Marin/Tiburon/Mill Valley? Or streets in Woodside or Atherton?
The ranking is based on the most "coveted" streets, which alone is a little bit ambiguous because that's defining an emotional response. These rankings will always have some kind of subjective angle like that, and I definitely agree with you that any of the places you mentioned are far more beautiful, more prestigious, and more desirable than Skyline Blvd. I've been to all of those places, and while Skyline Boulevard is very nice, it's like a B+ by California standards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California