Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2022, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,599 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I wanted to post this as a modern topic since there are some but older.

Just looking at some places to rent/buy will be coming from overseas and need some options so starting my research now.

For some examples?

How is Oneil tower 1 ? 700 9th street sw. Seems a bit old? Thoughts.

I am reading kengsington area is nice.

Thanks

I am also trying to get an overview of the areas will be most likely coming in a few months might purchase (if possible at first) or rent for a year and see how things go.

Looking for a decent place that's not in a bad area and not too far from downtown.

Thanks! Would love to hear some advice about specific buildings/areas. Be nice for modern and looking primarily at this point for a bachelor something small not much cleaning required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 05:29 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
Depends on what you're looking for but if I were a twenty something I'd be looking along or close to 17th Ave between 14th and 4th streets, this is where the best walkable part of the city is if you're into nightlife, restaurants etc. 8th st and 17th ave is the heart of it.
Kensington is very nice as is the Marda Loop (33rd Ave around 20th St) if you're a thirty something or older.

Check out rentfaster.ca, the best rental site for Calgary. The building you mentioned is ok but there's not really much going on in the immediate neighborhood.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,599 times
Thanks for your post

Any specific places in those areas? I will do my own research just notice a lot of the condo/apartments get some pretty horrible reviews haha.

Last edited by shol; 03-03-2022 at 11:08 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 11:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
Sorry, I don't know anything about specific buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary