Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times

Advertisements

5 days ago, I went viewed an apartment that was being leased by a husband and wife. I showed a ton of interest when I was there and even said I'd have the application sent to them by the next morning. The day after the viewing, I sent in the application. I received a message from the wife that evening saying "Thanks. I'll be in touch as soon as possible". It's been 4 whole days now and have not heard a peep. My references have not been called either (I work with one of them, one is my landlord & the other is a former employer who is close to my mom). This is the first time I've actually had to go through the whole application process as the place I'm living in now, my mom co-signed as I was not 18 at the time but was going to college in the fall of that year & turning 18.

Anyways, I'm getting kind of stressed of not hearing back as my landlord informed me today that she will be listing the unit I'm in for sale this week. I gave her half notice on moving out because I used her as a reference and just gave her a heads up. She took this as I'm for sure moving out. I reached out to the lady yesterday but it's been 24+ hours and a have not heard back yet. My mom said it could be because they're still waiting on a credit check to come back (my mom is a landlord for her boss' properties so she's done this multiple times). If I have not heard anything back by Thursday, should I reach out once again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 05:33 PM

110 posts, read 77,133 times
Yes, reach out and explain your situation, but start looking for another place just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary