Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 07:50 AM

8,741 posts, read 3,911,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
What kinds of banks or institutions are best for taking out small business loans ?
I’m thinking like 250k
It depends on your needs (expansion or operation, long-term or short)) and qualifications as well as how long you’ve been in business; obviously, requirements vary. That said, banks tend to be more restrictive, as a whole, than online lenders (such as QuickBridge and OnDeck).

In other words, one’s idea of ‘best’ may not be a fit for you. Also, you need a specifically-outlined business plan for a loan rather than ‘I’m thinking like $250k’; else, no one will take you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 11:41 AM

2,100 posts, read 1,027,795 times
Any bank you go to for your current project is going to want a loan personally guaranteed. Are you and your 'partners' ready to put up your houses?

Old 05-07-2024, 02:07 PM

1,342 posts, read 869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Any bank you go to for your current project is going to want a loan personally guaranteed. Are you and your 'partners' ready to put up your houses?
I just recently bought a house dont have much equity in it , partners might as they believe in this much more than me

any other collateral the banks can use ?

Old 05-07-2024, 02:13 PM

24,692 posts, read 11,033,816 times
How much are you and your partners bringing to the table?

Old Today, 07:36 AM

17,414 posts, read 22,161,043 times
Quote:
I just recently bought a house dont have much equity in it , partners might as they believe in this much more than me

any other collateral the banks can use ?
Even that offer gets "sticky" as the bank will still have to deal with your 1st mortgage in the event of a default on the business loan.

Me: I'd never put up my house for a partnership!

I knew a guy with a 10 way partnership on a restaurant. What happened? 10 people didn't make any money! Restaurant closed after 5 years, sold the building everyone took a loss

Even if the place netted 1mm a year, thats 100K per partner/ $8300 a month. No way would I take that deal as too much can go wrong with 10 partners. Lets say it only netted 100K yr, then thats $830 a month.

Old Today, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
How much are you and your partners bringing to the table?
me : zero so far

other 2 partners 100k each

but product was designed and made by me so I invested some time and effort into it

Old Today, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Even that offer gets "sticky" as the bank will still have to deal with your 1st mortgage in the event of a default on the business loan.

Me: I'd never put up my house for a partnership!

I knew a guy with a 10 way partnership on a restaurant. What happened? 10 people didn't make any money! Restaurant closed after 5 years, sold the building everyone took a loss

Even if the place netted 1mm a year, thats 100K per partner/ $8300 a month. No way would I take that deal as too much can go wrong with 10 partners. Lets say it only netted 100K yr, then thats $830 a month.
agree
I wasn't planning on using my mortgage lender anyway

Old Today, 01:06 PM

Quote:
me : zero so far

other 2 partners 100k each

but product was designed and made by me so I invested some time and effort into it
Nobody is going to loan you money based on your investment of time and effort. A lender wants collateral. You are already in debt with a house. Would your debt/income ratio qualify for the personal guarantee?
Concrete biz plan, last three years tax returns and financial statements then schedule an appointment with a start up advisor. Chamber of Commerce is probably a good start to locate one.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Nobody is going to loan you money based on your investment of time and effort. A lender wants collateral. You are already in debt with a house. Would your debt/income ratio qualify for the personal guarantee?
Concrete biz plan, last three years tax returns and financial statements then schedule an appointment with a start up advisor. Chamber of Commerce is probably a good start to locate one.
Yes have an appt with SBA next wk

thanks

not sure how they will calculate debt/income but assets are 3 times more than price of house

Old Today, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yes have an appt with SBA next wk

thanks

not sure how they will calculate debt/income but assets are 3 times more than price of house
They will explain that to you. Looking at your other thread - how are your investers coming along? Can everyone afford to loose their portion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business