Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 06:21 PM

860 posts, read 464,233 times

Advertisements

I would print up some business cards just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 06:36 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,180,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
If you have inkjet or laser printer why not makeup some paper cards & print them as you need them. Like the idea of printing QR codes.

Could be something to compare cost of Avery cards against having them printed.
DIY business cards always look like crap. Crooked and poor print quality. Splurge on the 40 bucks and get a batch professionally printed on nice, heavy card stock.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:29 AM

3,427 posts, read 1,811,444 times
iPhone to iPhone just put the 2 iPhones near each other to exchange contact info. Get rid of those bad android phones.

Old 01-31-2024, 10:38 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,102,650 times
We ONLY use paper and magnets. In our business, it's much better to have those available to the customer so they can call us when they need us. We don't expect them to have to remember our name. They know to go in their kitchen or drawer or wallet.

Old 02-04-2024, 08:40 AM

37,801 posts, read 46,315,811 times
What does one even DO with a "digital business card"? If I ask for someone's info - I want an actual card - something I can put in my little stash at home and know where to go when I need it.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:11 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,898,015 times
Just curious. What kind of business would use a digital card? Isn't that what web pages are for?

I just ordered a bunch of business cards, rack cards, thank you cards and post cards. I wouldn't even know how a digital card would work.

Old 02-06-2024, 10:13 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,102,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What does one even DO with a "digital business card"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Isn't that what web pages are for?

Somebody with the digital card shows you their phone with an app that shows the "card" with a QR code. Then you are supposed to get your phone, scan their QR code, and then a link will display the card. If you want to keep the card, you have to have yet another app that stores digital cards so you know where to go if you remember you need those services.

So I'm assuming only techies use these.

Old 02-08-2024, 07:34 AM

4,699 posts, read 2,843,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Somebody with the digital card shows you their phone with an app that shows the "card" with a QR code. Then you are supposed to get your phone, scan their QR code, and then a link will display the card. If you want to keep the card, you have to have yet another app that stores digital cards so you know where to go if you remember you need those services.

So unless you're fully "apped up" you're SOL.

Well, if your business model includes excluding customers who don't participate in all that, yeah by all means go purely "digital business card". If you are interested in actually making money no matter who the customer might be, maybe you (OP) should consider lifting your head up from the screen and printing off some standard card stock business cards.

Do businessmen in Japan now exchange phones when meeting for the first time?

Old 02-13-2024, 04:14 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,898,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post

Isn't it easier to just look at the card? Isn't tech supposed to make things easier?

Old 02-13-2024, 05:47 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,180,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Do businessmen in Japan now exchange phones when meeting for the first time?
Barcode tattoos.

It won't be long until Idiocracy comes to life and the government mandates ID tattoos or implanted chip cards, "for our safety and convenience."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business