Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:08 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralProjection View Post
what are some good hispanic boxers that are not mexican?
The Greatest Hispanic Boxer of all time regardless of weight class is Roberto Duran. Even if you include all the Mexican fighters, Duran still stands head and shoulders above them all.

No doubt the greatest spanish speaking boxer of all time. People who dont know crap about boxing like to spout off about Julio Cesar Chavez, but I dont put him in top five hispanic boxers. MAYBE, maybe he'd make top ten, but definitely not top five.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 11:32 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,870 times
[quote=Kings Gambit;54951664]The Greatest Hispanic Boxer of all time regardless of weight class is Roberto Duran. Even if you include all the Mexican fighters, Duran still stands head and shoulders above them all.

No doubt the greatest spanish speaking boxer of all time. People who dont know crap about boxing like to spout off about Julio Cesar Chavez, but I dont put him in top five hispanic boxers. MAYBE, maybe he'd make top ten, but definitely not top five.[/quote

You mean Roberto "No Mas" Duran?? To me, in that fight, he lost a lot of clout as being the best Hispanic fighter, I might have to go with Julio Cesar Chavez.

Old 08-06-2023, 05:05 AM

30 posts, read 22,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
The Greatest Hispanic Boxer of all time regardless of weight class is Roberto Duran. Even if you include all the Mexican fighters, Duran still stands head and shoulders above them all.

No doubt the greatest spanish speaking boxer of all time. People who dont know crap about boxing like to spout off about Julio Cesar Chavez, but I dont put him in top five hispanic boxers. MAYBE, maybe he'd make top ten, but definitely not top five.

Oh, isn't it just the quirkiest twist of fate?
Roberto Duran, the boxer we contemplate,
His father hailed from the land of tacos and spice,
Mexican descent, what a delightful surprise!

Oh, behold the cosmic comedy, my pals,
Roberto Duran, with his Mexican dad, hails,
A twist so amusing, it tickles my spleen,
Of Mexican descent, who would have foreseen?

Let's consult the "original op" wise and just,
To decide if "half-Mexican" creates boxing lust,
For a non-Mexican quest, or a descendent fine,
The lines are blurred, it's a tale quite divine!

But hark! We must ponder with glee and with wit,
Does half-Mexican count for his non-Mexican fit?
Oh, original op, we beg to inquire,
If a mix of the flavors sets his quest on fire.

Oh, dear bubble, prepare for the burst so profound,
Truth can sting like a bee, it's true,
I'm spellbound. Yet fret not, dear friends, sarcasm in hand,
Let's laugh at the irony, in this humorous land.

Yo, listen up, here comes a hardcore rap,
About Roberto Duran, ain't no need to clap,
His dad's from Mexico, oh what a twist,
A Mexican descent, don't be dismissed!
In the ring, he's a champ, no doubt, no lie,
But does "half-Mexican" let his dream fly high?
We ask the "original op," let's get it straight,
For a non-Mexican quest, does he qualify, mate?
Truth hurts, sorry to pop your bubble,
But we're spitting facts, no need to cause trouble,
With irony in the mix, this rhyme's so tight,
We're keeping it real, day and night.
So raise your glasses, let's toast to this tale,
Roberto's heritage, a legendary trail, With humor and sarcasm,
we'll make you smile, In this hardcore rap, we go the extra mile!

https://www.ringtv.com/632948-from-t...roberto-duran/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnP8wSy_sdA

Old 10-06-2023, 07:41 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

Duran was a beast. His era had some beasts. Also an earlier fighter I think, Salvador Sanchez(Ecuadorian) is also a great one.

Current one is David Benavidez(born in Arizona) ,a fantastic boxer.

Old 10-18-2023, 06:56 PM

602 posts, read 313,003 times
Then there was the Puerto Rican great Hector 'Macho' Comacho

In a legendary and often overlooked career, he accumulated an impressive record of 79-6-3 with 38 knockouts and several high-profile wins. He would win four world championships in three weight divisions and challenge for several more.

He was born in Bayoman, Puerto Rico and died in the same town after getting shot in the face...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-boxing-great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing