Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,109 times

Advertisements

Looking for recommendations for company (or persons) to unload a shipping container, in HPP, the week between Christmas and New Year's. Must provide ramps, and straps. We have 2 hand trucks and dollies. Minimal furniture, just a lot of heavy stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 06:24 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
I don't know who to use but you should book something ASAP - even on Oahu, booking these types of things last minute may not be possible.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:27 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaBayne View Post
Looking for recommendations for company (or persons) to unload a shipping container, in HPP, the week between Christmas and New Year's. Must provide ramps, and straps. We have 2 hand trucks and dollies. Minimal furniture, just a lot of heavy stuff.
You will probably get better results posting on Punaweb, but I'll ask around and PM you if I hear anything.

Welcome to Puna!

Old 12-17-2022, 11:31 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
Let me offer up a bit of advice. Be very, very careful who you show your "stuff" to. You might hire decent folks, but perhaps they talk to friends of theirs (maybe, sketchy friends) and mention how they helped unload all these great tools, tv's etc...
Next thing you know, your place is ripped off.
Puna is rural, and just like where I live (Oceanview), you need to be very selective on who you let into your circle.

Old 12-19-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
Let me offer up a bit of advice. Be very, very careful who you show your "stuff" to. You might hire decent folks, but perhaps they talk to friends of theirs (maybe, sketchy friends) and mention how they helped unload all these great tools, tv's etc...
Next thing you know, your place is ripped off.
Puna is rural, and just like where I live (Oceanview), you need to be very selective on who you let into your circle.
Well that's some "glass half empty" advice.

But I agree with it 100%.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:09 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Well that's some "glass half empty" advice.

But I agree with it 100%.
It's sad, but true. But it really is more a part of living in a rural environment than it is a commentary on Puna or where I live, Oceanview.
I've lived in rural areas most of my life, and it's just one of the common sense tactics I would employ pretty much anywhere I've lived.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:53 AM

8 posts, read 5,082 times
Consider a few options if you need business or individual support in HPP to unload a shipping container. One choice is to get in touch with the organization that rented you the shipping container; they might provide unloading services or be able to recommend a reputable unloading service. You can also look for nearby labour providers or movers online who provide unloading services. When choosing a company or person, confirming that they have experience emptying shipping containers and possess the required tools to unload your things safely, including ramps and straps is crucial. You may also contact references or read internet reviews to confirm their solid reputation for dependable and effective service. Consider renting a shipping container from a business that provides unloading services as another choice. The container can be delivered to your place, and the company's staff can unpack it. This can be a practical and affordable solution if you want to avoid the trouble of self-unloading and require storage for your items.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:59 PM

28 posts, read 24,698 times
Have you tried “angi.com”? Also, in the classifieds of Hawaii Tribune-Herald, check out “wmuncey83@aol.com” or 808-964-5325 or 360-220-2106. This business advertises everyday. I’ve never used them, and I don’t know if they go to HPP. However, they advertise everyday, and state they have references and photos, so they appear to be a legitimate business.

Please let me know how things turn out for you. We’ll be placing our home up for sale in June to move to Florida. So I’d be interested in your outcome.

Good luck in your move.

G.G.

Old 05-05-2023, 12:09 AM

The OP had a timeframe that was last December. Maybe they will pop back and tell us how it went?

Old 06-25-2023, 03:33 PM

28 posts, read 24,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
The OP had a timeframe that was last December. Maybe they will pop back and tell us how it went?
I hope so.

Mahalo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island