Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 12:51 PM

2,363 posts, read 1,751,068 times

Advertisements

I’ve searched around, and I’ve asked around, but so far no success. I want to get a text message sent to my phone, not an app notification, whenever my favorite MLB team starts that day’s game. I also want to get another text when that game ends with its final score.

How can that be done? Years ago I used to be able to do this, but I don’t recall who provided it. Is this possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 04:00 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,493,526 times
Only 2 things I know: MLB at bat, the MLB app you can set up notifications for any team ranging from start time, pitching changes, scoring plays, and final scores among others.
I use a website called flashscore (flashscore . com) . You have to register for an account (it's free) but once you do that you can set up notifications for either your favorite team(s) (I believe you get room for 100 favorite teams) or individual games, with a max off 500, but the only catch is you can only do individual games up to a week out. And you can specify what alerts you want: I believe you get a warning for the game to start, the actual start, scoring changes, and final scores. Flashscore has scoring plays for hockey & football but not for baseball.

Edit: I think ESPN might have one because I think that's what my girlfriend uses, but I think she only gets game starts, score changes, and final alerts.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:35 PM

But I’m looking for text messages sent to my phone, not app notifications.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM

8,712 posts, read 3,893,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
But I’m looking for text messages sent to my phone, not app notifications.
Why not just enable Live Activities relative to the app?

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,635 posts, read 81,333,263 times
I have set the alerts on the Yahoo Sports app, which is free, and get such notifications as game start, score change and final score. They come to my iPhone.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have set the alerts on the Yahoo Sports app, which is free, and get such notifications as game start, score change and final score. They come to my iPhone.
But is it a text message or is it in the app. I only want text message.

Same goes for @CorporateCowboy.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Quote:
But is it a text message or is it in the app. I only want text message.

Same goes for @CorporateCowboy.
There is no functional difference if you have Live Activities enabled.

Old Today, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
There is no functional difference if you have Live Activities enabled.
It is not the same thing. It is similar. I don’t like that interface. I want the interface of text messages.

I am looking specifically for Text Messages.

Old Today, 07:04 AM

Quote:
It is not the same thing. It is similar. I don’t like that interface. I want the interface of text messages.

I am looking specifically for Text Messages.
By stating there is no functional difference, my point is the end result is the same; the information is received with a glance at your (locked) phone.

Old Today, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
By stating there is no functional difference, my point is the end result is the same; the information is received with a glance at your (locked) phone.
But there is a difference, in that the way the information is delivered, and can be retrieved again, or later, is not the same. I’m looking for this information delivered specifically by text messages.

This feature by text messaging was available, some years back. I had it on an older phone but through the years, the app evolutions, and the phone upgrades it’s been lost.

Like it says in the OP, I want to get a text message sent to my phone, not an app notification, whenever my favorite MLB team starts that day’s game. I also want to get another text when that game ends with its final score. How and where can I get that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball