Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 05:27 AM

45,328 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

As the title says:
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/morga...olice/45435961
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 07:56 AM

1,203 posts, read 789,941 times
3rd straight year where a shooting happened on Morgan State during homecoming week:

2022:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...udq-story.html

2021:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...r3m-story.html

This one appears to be somewhat more random, though. Not much details yet as to where the people were when they were shot. The only lucky things is that none of the injuries are serious.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:51 AM

2,282 posts, read 3,929,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
3rd straight year where a shooting happened on Morgan State during homecoming week:

2022:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...udq-story.html

2021:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...r3m-story.html

This one appears to be somewhat more random, though. Not much details yet as to where the people were when they were shot. The only lucky things is that none of the injuries are serious.
Wow...I didn't know that. I've visited the campus once several years ago and thought the area was safe.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:16 AM

1,997 posts, read 861,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Wow...I didn't know that. I've visited the campus once several years ago and thought the area was safe.
There's no safe place in Baltimore, unless you are a politician with police protection. Was this black on black crime? Oh, that's right, that can't be asked. Amazing, even educated black people are shooting each other.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I don't know. From my recollection of sending kids on to Morgan that it, as well as Coppin, have both been problematic when it came to safety.

I do know that, just like in prison, the Baltimore and Prince George's students at both have to be kept separated except where it's absolutely necessary to have them together.

Old 10-04-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
There's no safe place in Baltimore, unless you are a politician with police protection. Was this black on black crime? Oh, that's right, that can't be asked. Amazing, even educated black people are shooting each other.
Whether you like him or not, I thought Martin O'Malley did a pretty good job of putting a lid on crime when he was Mayor of Baltimore City. He embraced the broken windows policy that Rudy G/NYPD used successfully to combat crime in NYC.

Old 10-04-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Whether you like him or not, I thought Martin O'Malley did a pretty good job of putting a lid on crime when he was Mayor of Baltimore City. He embraced the broken windows policy that Rudy G/NYPD used successfully to combat crime in NYC.
I couldn't stand O' Malley when he was a City Councilman but as Mayor he did put a lid on a lot of stuff. I still couldn't tolerate being in the same very large room with him for more than a couple minutes.

Of course, once he decided to run for President he repudiated it all and apologized for it.

Old 10-04-2023, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't know. From my recollection of sending kids on to Morgan that it, as well as Coppin, have both been problematic when it came to safety.

I do know that, just like in prison, the Baltimore and Prince George's students at both have to be kept separated except where it's absolutely necessary to have them together.
Between Baltimore City and PG County, you could set up a violent crime/theft sub-forum here and fill it daily with incidents of reported crimes.

Old 10-04-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I couldn't stand O' Malley when he was a City Councilman but as Mayor he did put a lid on a lot of stuff. I still couldn't tolerate being in the same very large room with him for more than a couple minutes.

Of course, once he decided to run for President he repudiated it all and apologized for it.
No one liked O'Malley. But crime was so bad in Baltimore, the Black residents wanted a white guy to run the city.

Old 10-04-2023, 02:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 789,941 times
Per Police the injured are most likely not "intended target" i.e. they were merely caught in some "dispute" between two groups of people that are shooting at each other.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ity-rcna118837

Chances are those people in "dispute" are not even students at Morgan State...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore