Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2024, 08:36 AM

966 posts, read 514,798 times

Advertisements

I'd like see Formula One and Indycar give the teams a reasonable money cap, then let them design the cars any way they wish, w/ only mandated size and safety standards. No restrictions on the size and type of engine (or engines), tires, none of that. Give the designers a blank sheet of paper and let them focus on innovation, like they used to do w/ the Can Am racing series.

Cut the races down to about half the distance they are now too. Even the Ferrari people have complained about the races being too long.

I think the racing would be outstanding. You wonder why they don't do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 12:58 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
I'd like see Formula One and Indycar give the teams a reasonable money cap, then let them design the cars any way they wish, w/ only mandated size and safety standards. No restrictions on the size and type of engine (or engines), tires, none of that. Give the designers a blank sheet of paper and let them focus on innovation, like they used to do w/ the Can Am racing series.

Cut the races down to about half the distance they are now too. Even the Ferrari people have complained about the races being too long.

I think the racing would be outstanding. You wonder why they don't do this?

I'm all for innovation, I'd like to see a weight/displacement formula the smaller the engine the lighter the minimum weight and i'd eliminate DRS, the hybrid requirement, and regs mandating the number of cylinders and the redline.

In my fantasy world I'd like to see those allowed on the grid prior to the start be required to pass a test showing they at least had a clue about what they were actually there to witness. Minor 'celebrities' with no clue would be kept away.

Last edited by burdell; 02-07-2024 at 01:06 PM..

Old 02-11-2024, 08:42 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
You put a cap of F1 and not much would change. It's become about as exciting as baseball (yawn.)
I see better action on the freeway, during my commute. It's become a parade....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing