Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2024, 11:29 AM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times

Advertisements

Hello from USA! My daughter & her spouse have been trying to make their way via air to Hobart for the past 2 1/2 days. After getting from USA ro Vancouver, BC, Canada, rhey are in Sydney & have had flights to Hobart cancelled twice due ro weather. Now rhey are rebooked Sydney to Melbourne, then hopefully to Hobart.

Can anyone provide boots on the ground weather info? Is there a current weird weather pattern there? Where I am in USA, our current winter season has been very weird.

Cheers & TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 04:58 PM

4,215 posts, read 4,884,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Hello from USA! My daughter & her spouse have been trying to make their way via air to Hobart for the past 2 1/2 days. After getting from USA ro Vancouver, BC, Canada, rhey are in Sydney & have had flights to Hobart cancelled twice due ro weather. Now rhey are rebooked Sydney to Melbourne, then hopefully to Hobart.

Can anyone provide boots on the ground weather info? Is there a current weird weather pattern there? Where I am in USA, our current winter season has been very weird.

Cheers & TIA!
There were some pretty severe thunderstorms in Sydney yesterday. It seemed to hang around for hours. Plenty of flights were cancelled or delayed.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:16 PM

Thank you!

Old 02-19-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Thank you!
Australia is a small place. Most of the flights are concentrated on Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane (Sydney-Melbourne is the third or fourth busiest airport pair in the world) triangle. Consequently when something happens in Sydney it tends to create chaos across the network.

Old 02-20-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Australia is a small place. Most of the flights are concentrated on Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane (Sydney-Melbourne is the third or fourth busiest airport pair in the world) triangle. Consequently when something happens in Sydney it tends to create chaos across the network.
Yes, I know, I have traveled there & loved it, I think I was lucky with the weather. But they finally got it all sorted out yesterday. Thank you!

Old 02-20-2024, 02:42 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
This weather is pretty much the norm for February. We had to sit on the ground for two hours in Sydney yesterday heading to Singapore.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
This weather is pretty much the norm for February. We had to sit on the ground for two hours in Sydney yesterday heading to Singapore.
Heinous Brisbanesque humidity though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand