Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times

Advertisements

ah the NBN
$43 billion today, $85 billion tomorrrow...
How Conroy kept his seat in the Senate just boggles my mind.

Interestingly just read that the bill to allow telstra to split its business into retail & wholesale will be passed, which is the first link in the chain to get the NBN underway.

No cost benefit analysis looks likely either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,496,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Why don't we mention the banks?

Clyne's got a nice big pay rise and his company's shares are rubbish. I thought they were supposed to be working for the shareholder?

And they all followed along with a nice big interest rise too. NAB a whole .02 less than CBA. Big whoop! From a bank that was so busy trying to reinvent itself as different, and friendly. They're still NABbing Aussies

I'm lucky to not have a variable rate mortgage, and I tend to have some decent savings earning good interest but it's just the whole BS facade they put out there that's annoying.
Speaking of banks, i checked my mortgage today which is with a small online providor. They increased their rates by .38% (38 Basis Points if you like) and I have heard nothing from them at all!

Fact is the little guys aren't much better than the big guys.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Australian sport is sucking badly.
Soccer: Egypt 3, Australia 0

and I'm starting to regret getting Ashes tickets.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:10 PM

656 posts, read 2,742,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Australian sport is sucking badly.
Soccer: Egypt 3, Australia 0

and I'm starting to regret getting Ashes tickets.
Yes its embarrassing. Soccer, Cricket, Rugby, you name it. Can't remember a time when we have been this bad at team sports. The Commonwealth Games was the only highlight this year

Not much on the news today

The media are still milking the Kate Middleton and Prince William Wedding
No date has been set yet, I'm hoping its next week because I don't think I could take 6 months of this. If Kate had any brains she would had told William that they would be better off getting hitched in Vegas. Now poor kate has to put up with 50 million people looking in on the wedding. Half will say how great she looks, the other half will say how fat she looks in that dress. Really...who would want that?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Yes its embarrassing. Soccer, Cricket, Rugby, you name it. Can't remember a time when we have been this bad at team sports. The Commonwealth Games was the only highlight this year

Not much on the news today

The media are still milking the Kate Middleton and Prince William Wedding
No date has been set yet, I'm hoping its next week because I don't think I could take 6 months of this. If Kate had any brains she would had told William that they would be better off getting hitched in Vegas. Now poor kate has to put up with 50 million people looking in on the wedding. Half will say how great she looks, the other half will say how fat she looks in that dress. Really...who would want that?
And she has that to look forward to for the rest of her life !

Mind you, first class treatment everywhere. Think I'd prefer anonymity to be honest....(and cattle class seats).

Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 PM

I couldnt think of anything worse.

I hope they deal with the whole scene better than his parents.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,570 times
Since neither of them seem to be flaky kooks, they should be alright.

Plus from what I understood, Charles had to get married for duty, to produce heirs. These two, hopefully, are getting married for reasons not so cold and calculated.

She's gorgeous, she'll look great in anything. As long as she doesn't pick a dress that looks like crumpled tissues.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Dunno if we have a "haka" thread, but since this is the chat thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHh0hT6mQ.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Since neither of them seem to be flaky kooks, they should be alright.

Plus from what I understood, Charles had to get married for duty, to produce heirs. These two, hopefully, are getting married for reasons not so cold and calculated.

She's gorgeous, she'll look great in anything. As long as she doesn't pick a dress that looks like crumpled tissues.
Or look too much like a giant meringue with a ridiculous head veil!

They look very comfortable together so best of luck to them. William would look better if he went for a number one haircut as the bald patch is becoming more obvious.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM

656 posts, read 2,742,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Dunno if we have a "haka" thread, but since this is the chat thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHh0hT6mQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand