Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
They are breed em tough in the these parts. It is a shame men are in general emotional pygmies from these parts and can't let go of what for all intents and purposes would be more suited for cave habiting times in the past.
A number of European women over the years have commented on this as well as how straight laced and with out passion they are. Lots of relationships saw break down.
Rather hopeless cases really..lol

how can you expect passion ( of a european kind ) from a place as WASP,sh as new zealand ?

Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
how can you expect passion ( of a european kind ) from a place as WASP,sh as new zealand ?
Come on, most of us have told a lass at some point, hey you don't look too bad.
Now that has to be passion

Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Come on, most of us have told a lass at some point, hey you don't look too bad.
Now that has to be passion
kiwis are alright , im probabley not tough enough for the place

Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Hard to make a generalisation based on the thread question. What I will say is, a common trait of kiwi males is to be quite modest and not to brag, compared to some other parts of the world. Someone asks :
"What have you been up to" even if you have achieved alot, its common to play your cards close to your chest. Recaping isn't big.
Also the opposite of most women, not very emotional and not common to talk about personal issues. A few things that come to mind.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffagirl View Post
My boyfriend is a kiwi....... trust me.... dont expect visible emotion, feeling, anyting of that sort. thats just the way they are. dont take it personal. dont mean they dont feel it, you just wont see it
Tell him you want to talk about your feelings that will get a reaction.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
I have recently returned to NZ after living overseas for the last 12 years in the UK, Asia, Australia and the USA. I have to say that it's quite a shock to be back home and dating kiwi men again. I was very spoilt in the USA, the men I met were polite, chivalrous, communicated honestly and openly and made me feel like a princess. Kiwi men are almost at the opposite end of the scale, although I am sure that deep down they have the ability to share similar emotions, they are not forthcoming in sharing these emotions and I am often left feeling disheartened and confused with where I stand. When I push for communication, I often find that what you see is not necessarily what they are feeling. Kiwi men are genuine and have a heart of gold, however it's not culturally acceptable for them to be 'soft' or show their emotions and this is the way they are raised. I hope this helps... Good luck!

Old 04-20-2016, 11:16 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,869 times
Quote:
My boyfriend is a kiwi....... trust me.... dont expect visible emotion, feeling, anyting of that sort. thats just the way they are. dont take it personal. dont mean they dont feel it, you just wont see it
Quote:
I realise that its a bit of a BS generlization, but all in all most southern hemisphere men (saffas, aussies and kiwis) are all rather void of "sissy boy" emotion.
You mean, for example, that it's disgraceful/shameful to cry(bursting into tears) or act girlish when trying to express his emotions? (sort of like, "Big boys don't cry!")

Old 04-21-2016, 04:36 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
WASP isn't a concept that really exists in NZ.

Lots of wasps though, I've been stung a few times in the last few weeks.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Kiwi men have a tendency to be closed with their emotions and into their mates.

And before the "oh you're generalising' starts, note the tendency part of my statement.
So by close with their emotions, you mean, he won't tell you how beautiful you are and give you an ego boost? So what if he's into his mates? What kind of man is going to give up his friends for a woman that he just met over his friends that he has possibly known for ten years?

This is entitlement at the highest order. If you want him to do that, then you do the same. And while you are at it, boot those ex-boyfriends that women love keeping in touch with these days. If not then stop acting like your entitled to be his one and only.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwireturnedhome View Post
I have recently returned to NZ after living overseas for the last 12 years in the UK, Asia, Australia and the USA. I have to say that it's quite a shock to be back home and dating kiwi men again. I was very spoilt in the USA, the men I met were polite, chivalrous, communicated honestly and openly and made me feel like a princess. Kiwi men are almost at the opposite end of the scale, although I am sure that deep down they have the ability to share similar emotions, they are not forthcoming in sharing these emotions and I am often left feeling disheartened and confused with where I stand. When I push for communication, I often find that what you see is not necessarily what they are feeling. Kiwi men are genuine and have a heart of gold, however it's not culturally acceptable for them to be 'soft' or show their emotions and this is the way they are raised. I hope this helps... Good luck!
This message alone makes me glad that I don't have a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand