Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2024, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 392 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
My mind has tossed around the idea to move to ATL and its final! Currently I have family who live in Lawrenceville and Marietta, two towns I prefer to be within a 45-min drive of, without traffic.
The main prefrences I would like to keep from NJ in ATL is "driveablity" in my everyday commute. Such as drives to yoga studios, walking trails, grocery/clothing shopping, and professional opportunties and events. My means of employment is transitioning into remote/ hybrid work style. Yet to be cooped up inside without any recreational activities near the house sounds like torture.

Regarding house and neighborhoods, Im looking to recieve reccomendations based a 1- or 2-bedroom apartment or a townhouse. Safety is key especially when caring for small family members aka babysitting when necessary. I will be adopting a pet. And plus I enjoy walks and runs at all hours of the day. The current apartment budget is between $1,200 - $1,600. Any neighborhoods you'd reccomend looking into share below. Looking forward to the responses- thanks!

*EDIT: Also looking for reccomendations for workspace "pod" rentals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 04:32 PM

218 posts, read 221,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleofsun View Post
Hi everyone!
My mind has tossed around the idea to move to ATL and its final! Currently I have family who live in Lawrenceville and Marietta, two towns I prefer to be within a 45-min drive of, without traffic.
The main prefrences I would like to keep from NJ in ATL is "driveablity" in my everyday commute. Such as drives to yoga studios, walking trails, grocery/clothing shopping, and professional opportunties and events. My means of employment is transitioning into remote/ hybrid work style. Yet to be cooped up inside without any recreational activities near the house sounds like torture.

Regarding house and neighborhoods, Im looking to recieve reccomendations based a 1- or 2-bedroom apartment or a townhouse. Safety is key especially when caring for small family members aka babysitting when necessary. I will be adopting a pet. And plus I enjoy walks and runs at all hours of the day. The current apartment budget is between $1,200 - $1,600. Any neighborhoods you'd reccomend looking into share below. Looking forward to the responses- thanks!

*EDIT: Also looking for reccomendations for workspace "pod" rentals!
Consider apartments with direct access to the Big Creek Greenway in Alpharetta. Alpharetta is rather expensive, but you could probably find an older 1-bedroom apartment at that price point. Alpharetta is a very nice suburban area boasting nearly all of the shopping, restaurants, and other amenities you'd ever want or need within a 15-minute drive... including the very nice Big Creek Greenway trail I mentioned above, which would be great for your walking and running. Alpharetta is roughly 45 minutes away from both Marietta and Lawrenceville without traffic.

The following apartment complexes offer direct access to the Big Creek Greenway while also appearing to offer some units at your price point:

- The Ascent at Windward
- Windward Place Apartments
- IMT Alpharetta
- The Pointe at Preston Ridge

Old 05-05-2024, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 392 times
Double OTP thank you for the suggestions. I looked at a few of the options and enjoyed what Windward and IMT had to offer. In conversations with family they also suggested Norcross, Lithia Springs, and Stone Mountain. How did you come about to suggesting Alpharetta? Wondering if there's a "formula", ha, or simply just taking in the needs I listed above.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 11,540,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleofsun View Post
Double OTP thank you for the suggestions. I looked at a few of the options and enjoyed what Windward and IMT had to offer. In conversations with family they also suggested Norcross, Lithia Springs, and Stone Mountain. How did you come about to suggesting Alpharetta? Wondering if there's a "formula", ha, or simply just taking in the needs I listed above.
DoubleZ OTP recommended Alpharetta because it is located partway between Lawrenceville and Marietta.

Alpharetta will give you about a 45-minute drive without traffic or so to both L’ville and Marietta like you requested.

DoubleZ OTP also recommended Alpharetta because it is an amenity-filled upscale suburban metropolitan community on metro Atlanta’s amenity-filled Northside that as one of largest hubs of high-paying professional jobs in the state of Georgia and in the Southeastern U.S. provides access to numerous professional opportunities and events.

Alpharetta also provides excellent access to numerous outdoor recreational activities and amenities, including at sites like the Big Creek Greenway (which is 26 miles in length and runs through Alpharetta and North Fulton and Forsyth counties), Vickery Creek Park and Falls (Roswell), Lake Lanier (which is a very popular large water supply and recreational reservoir that is located in outer-suburban/exurban Northeast metro Atlanta between the Georgia 400 and I-985 expressways) and the greater Blue Ridge Mountains region of North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee.

Norcross might be good if you’re maybe looking for a potentially slightly less expensive inner-suburban metropolitan community that is located at least slightly closer to Lawrenceville.

Lithia Springs might be okay if you’re looking to live in a potentially less expensive area in suburban West metro Atlanta that may provide good-to-decent access to Marietta as well as to areas like Downtown Atlanta and the Atlanta Airport.

Stone Mountain may be good if you’re looking to live in a potentially less expensive downscale inner-suburban area that will provide you with good access to Stone Mountain Park.

But Alpharetta is by far clearly the standout community of all of the suburban options mentioned.

Old Today, 08:03 AM

275 posts, read 305,493 times
I would highly recommend Peachtree Corners, GA which is right next to Norcross. The area around "The Forum at Peachtree Corners" has a lululemon, Trader Joe's, lots of restaurants and this suburb to me has excellent accessibility to the very aforementioned upscale amenities of Johns Creek/Alpharetta while still being close to the 285 loop. Lawrenceville is not far at all, and on most days without traffic Marietta should be reachable within 30 min.

It's quiet in Peachtree Corners but also kind of busy. And safe. You'll also be close to both Duluth and Buford Highway if you're a foodie, and the authentic Mexican food is great within 5-10 min. of Peachtree Corners.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta