Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 08:14 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,184,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
And Castrol is entirely different as well.
Originally, Castrol lubricants contained some castor oil. That's where it got his name.

I'm old. In the 1960s, I used to go to sports car road races. Some of the traditionalists. mostly those with British cars still used motor oil that contained castor oil. You could smell their distinctive exhaust gas odors from a mile away. It was actually pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 08:16 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm going to check this out with a holistic optometrist I work with, OP. If he doesn't know about this, he'll probably be interested. I'll be seeing him next spring. He's big on resolving vision problems by natural means.
mind you, I've been using it for a long time now, b/c it makes my feet smoother, but I have nerophathy in my feet, and there is improvement, but I put it on my feet every single day after my shower....and there is improvement, they don't sting as much either...

Caster oil is known to break up cists....and lumps....if you take a kotex, or depends, and put the caster oil on it and lay it on your skin, it will help improve whatever ails you.

Old 12-18-2023, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Just so you know. It's castor oil, not caster.
yes thanks for the spell check. and no, I can't spell but you know what I meant. sigh

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-18-2023 at 08:32 PM..

Old 12-18-2023, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've used specific eye drops to dissolve cataracts, as recommended by the holistic optometrist. I just checked the bottle, and it doesn't have castor oil in it. It's full of amino acids, nutritional supplements for the eyes, basically. But I'll ask about the castor oil.

How long did it take you to get those results? Did you say a year of daily application? I can't say that my night vision has improved, but my daytime vision has, and the results were confirmed by a conventional optometrist I had a subsequent eye exam with. She stopped pushing surgery on me at that point.
well, I had cateracts done, in both eyes, and it failed...hence the blurry vision, so I'd say I've been doing it almost a year if not a year....and the other night is when I noticed the difference....and wow, what a big big difference.
I can't wait until my next eye exam....but I'm going to keep using it....daily as my night time routine....

Old 12-18-2023, 08:32 PM

schools of traditional medicine have used castor oil to help support optimized liver function, to improve detoxification and hormonal balance, and to reduce inflammation in the liver. Castor oil is prized for its ricinoleic acid, a compound in castor beans believed to help the body rid itself of excess toxins.

Research in animals shows that ricinoleic acid may help fight swelling and pain caused by inflammation when applied to your skin. One study in people found it was as effective at treating symptoms of knee arthritis as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug

Castor oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that may help speed wound healing, especially when it's combined with other ingredients.

Castor oil is sometimes marketed as a treatment for dry scalp, hair growth, and dandruff. It may
moisturize your scalp and hair.

People are putting one or two drops of Castor oil into their belly button at night when they lay down in bed...This idea is based on an Ayurvedic treatment that suggests a Pechoti gland near your naval can absorb things like essential oils through your belly button and heal digestive problems, liver problems, etc...its even been used on prostate and also on lumps in the breasts....

Castor oil's anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent massage oil for arthritic joints, sore muscles, and inflammation of your nerves.

Take a piece of unbleached cotton flannel fabric and fold it to create three to four layers. Soak it in castor oil and place it over the affected joints. Wrap the cloth with saran wrap and put a heating pad or hot water bottle over the area. Leave it for at least 45 minutes. Do this once a day to help reduce pain and inflammation in your joints.

The saran wrap will prevent the heating pad or water bottle from getting oily.
Reuse the pads by placing them in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them again.

From personal experience, I can tell you I was skeptic, but it has worked for me, and I will continue to use it....

Old 12-18-2023, 08:55 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,184,520 times
Another use for castor oil: uncontrollable diarrhea torture.

In Italy, Mussolini used it for that purpose:

https://foreignpolicyi.org/mussolini...re-castor-oil/

Old 12-18-2023, 09:14 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,016,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Castor oil's anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent massage oil for arthritic joints, sore muscles, and inflammation of your nerves.

Take a piece of unbleached cotton flannel fabric and fold it to create three to four layers. Soak it in castor oil and place it over the affected joints. Wrap the cloth with saran wrap and put a heating pad or hot water bottle over the area. Leave it for at least 45 minutes. Do this once a day to help reduce pain and inflammation in your joints.

The saran wrap will prevent the heating pad or water bottle from getting oily.
Reuse the pads by placing them in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them again.
Perfect timing, because both of my thumb joints are currently sore from working on a labor intensive project, like getting arthritis overnight. I'll try this.

Regarding the diarrhea comment, I went to three stores in search of castor oil and one of them only carried it in the "laxative" section. I wasn't sure if that was straight up castor oil that could be used for other applications, so I went to another store where I found a bottle of castor oil labeled for topical use (skin, hair, etc). I'm leery of unwanted additives.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,016,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

if you put the caster oil on your elbows, its so heavy/thick, it will stain sheets and other things...but it will definately help....maybe wrap your elbows with a compress that has Caster oil on it....which you can also buy on Amazon.
I already have some old socks that I cut the feet off of for this purpose. I've tried slathering my elbows with random creams/oils and then pulling the socks over them to go to sleep with. Lotions, Badger Balm, olive oil...nothing has really worked. Now onto castor oil.

Old 12-19-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Perfect timing, because both of my thumb joints are currently sore from working on a labor intensive project, like getting arthritis overnight. I'll try this.

Regarding the diarrhea comment, I went to three stores in search of castor oil and one of them only carried it in the "laxative" section. I wasn't sure if that was straight up castor oil that could be used for other applications, so I went to another store where I found a bottle of castor oil labeled for topical use (skin, hair, etc). I'm leery of unwanted additives.
this is now a rage so they are coming out with so so many different bottles of it....different mixes...etc...

I buy straight up castor oil in a dark bottle, that is unfiltered....and have been using it for a long time.

I bought it from Amazon....Unrefined and cold pressed by Seven Minerals Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil - Big 32 fl oz Bottle and use it for everything that hurts....lol

Old 12-19-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I already have some old socks that I cut the feet off of for this purpose. I've tried slathering my elbows with random creams/oils and then pulling the socks over them to go to sleep with. Lotions, Badger Balm, olive oil...nothing has really worked. Now onto castor oil.
put the oil on a kotex pad, and wait until it soaks in, it will take a while...then place it on your elbows and put the sock over it

Good luck...

you do not want to drink it..... unless prescribed by a doctor....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine