Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 01:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

I know my blood pressure is affected by caffeine. I now drink decaf after my morning caffeinated coffee. I also take losartan to help control it. Do not mess around with high blood pressure, unless you like the idea of having a stroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2022, 06:36 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
I've read in several physician-written books that it's effective to drink 3 cups/day of strong hibiscus tea. In some cases this was as effective as taking prescribed medication for high blood pressure.

I plan to try this to see if it works...I just have a hard time remembering to drink the 3 cups each day...maybe if I make an iced tea from the hibiscus and drink it that way..?

Old 04-16-2022, 12:00 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Caffeine does restrict your blood vessels. High blood sugar/salt also increases blood pressure

Nitric oxide improves blood pressure - carrots, spinach, arugula, celery
https://www.humann.com/nutrition/nit...oods/#section4

I would look into a blood cleanser like Doctors Best or Neprinol to improve blood viscosity(digest up proteins and fats in the blood) and remove plaque
https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-.../dp/B0018NYRTS

K2 from multivitamin(only the really good ones have it, most only have K) or with vitamin D(commonly sold together) will help keep calcium out of your arteries

Grounding, bare feet on the ground keeps platelets from sticking together, its free
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576907/

Dr.Sinatra lists other options here
https://www.healthydirections.com/ar...sure-rollup-hd

Last edited by Rom623; 04-16-2022 at 01:05 AM..

Old 04-16-2022, 09:47 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I've read in several physician-written books that it's effective to drink 3 cups/day of strong hibiscus tea. In some cases this was as effective as taking prescribed medication for high blood pressure.
Hibiscus is a calming herb so it could help with stress management or anxiety to keep blood pressure normal. There may be other ways it helps with blood pressure.

Another one that is commonly used is hawthorn but it works differently by relaxing and widening arteries which lowers pressure over time. I know 2 people who use a blend of hawthorn and hibiscus tea to control blood pressure. Of course, it's not the only thing they do. They eat well for the condition and are active.

What works is highly dependent on the cause(s).

Quote:
I plan to try this to see if it works...I just have a hard time remembering to drink the 3 cups each day...maybe if I make an iced tea from the hibiscus and drink it that way..?
It might help to remember if you make it part of your meal routine, by drinking it either with or right after a meal. You can drink it hot or cold, and can brew it in advance.

Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:57 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
my husband lowered his blood pressure by diet and exercise. He has never used caffeine, so it wasn't a factor.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:00 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Lisinopril + HCTZ is pretty standard. And reduce salt intake. Salt retains water. AIUI, more water = more blood = higher blood pressure.

Oops, sorry -- didn't see this was in "alternative medicine" forum. Still, lisinopril does work. Not sure of the need to go alternative in this case....
It's fine to put "regular" medical advice in the Alternative medicine forum as long as you aren't being disrespectful and telling others not to use alternative medicine. Sometimes we need to use regular prescription medicines, either by themselves or as a complement to something from this forum.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
Thanks so much for this!

just what I've been looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I wouldn't take Oil of Oregano for blood pressure. I see it as something to be taken for only a short time for immune support as needed. The label for Gaia Oil of Oregano says "Suggested maximum time of use is 2-4 weeks".

Here is some more info on natural blood pressure support from a previous post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59650369-post10.html

Old 04-24-2022, 05:18 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
IF you want to reduce your blood pressure reduce your insulin.

Quote:
Insulin can increase blood pressure via several mechanisms: increased renal sodium reabsorption, activation of the sympathetic nervous system, alteration of transmembrane ion transport, and hypertrophy of resistance vessels.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7512468/

Old 04-24-2022, 05:35 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
Default Meditation?

Acc to one of the links posted, https://examine.com/members/deep-div...d_pressure-btn

of several interventions for high blood pressure, only two were rated HIGH as far as the effect they have.
One of them is meditation.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with a particular form of meditation which is effective.

I've done several different ones, I would have thought MBSR would be very effective, but it is rated as low, as well as is yoga and chi gong. Which surprises me.

Of course everyone is different so the thing is to find one that works for oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I wouldn't take Oil of Oregano for blood pressure. I see it as something to be taken for only a short time for immune support as needed. The label for Gaia Oil of Oregano says "Suggested maximum time of use is 2-4 weeks".

Here is some more info on natural blood pressure support from a previous post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59650369-post10.html

Old 04-24-2022, 06:33 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
No one mention Garlic,it reduces your blood pressure.
To a lesser extent,there is ginger,cilantro,parsley,chives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine