Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 02:02 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times

Advertisements

hoover and steam the mattress and wash all the bedding.. .try not to use spray bug killers of any sort..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 12:34 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
hoover and steam the mattress and wash all the bedding.. .try not to use spray bug killers of any sort..
Don't use bug spray because that can make you sick too. Vacuum (hoover) the mattress and wash the bedding in something like Borax--at least wash it in a different kind of detergent and make sure it's unscented. You could be allergic to the chemical scent in the detergent, you don't know yet though.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:34 AM

20 posts, read 13,576 times
Yes, bug spray can also cause allergic reaction.
To keep your bedding allergen free, try to dehumidify your room, use an air filter, wash bedding with hot water weekly, keep your pet off your bed, replace pillows regularly and eliminate carpets or rugs in your room.

Old 08-03-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Sleeping with Sasquatch.

I would strip the bed. Wash everything. Spray for insects under and around bed. Get an easy-to-wipe clean protector/duvet to cover bedding.
Id be very careful with insect sprays... I would steam the bed and stop using strong smelly washing powders and fabric conditioners.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:55 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,541,791 times
have you changed your laundry det when this began? maybe its not the comforter but the sheets and pillow case. Does an animal sleep on the bed? if so have you changed their flea preventive? just other things to think about.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:22 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Just thinking outside the box:
Maybe your comforters are too warm to sleep?
Down comforter = itch
Polyester down = itch
Light fleece = no itch

Also: are your comforters inside a duvet?
Perhaps the problems are duvets? New? Washed with a new detergent?

Something to try: sleep on the sofa, but use comforters to cover. First one then another.
Report back.

Oh, what about your pj? It's new?

Old 08-07-2021, 05:32 AM

I still say it could be what the lady washes the bedding with.. Change to a sensitive non perfumed laundry liquid or powder and dont use fabric conditioner or spray your sheets with anything like Lenore.. all these things cause allergies. and take away any air fresheners in your room.. and watch too what your putting on your body... shower gels. soap , shampoos.. and change to safer products.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:24 AM

2,527 posts, read 2,775,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I still say it could be what the lady washes the bedding with.. Change to a sensitive non perfumed laundry liquid or powder and dont use fabric conditioner or spray your sheets with anything like Lenore.. all these things cause allergies. and take away any air fresheners in your room.. and watch too what your putting on your body... shower gels. soap , shampoos.. and change to safer products.
So true. And I recently found out that there's a difference between "unscented" and "fragrance free". My dermatologist informed me of that when I developed nummular eczema. I'd been using unscented products but not necessarily fragrance free. The fragrance free is harder to find in some products, like moisturizers, body washes, etc. I use Cetaphil products and that's really been a game changer. He also only recommends All Free and Clear for laundry soap.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:02 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im assuming they are microscopic, Sometimes I feel like Im being bitten by a bug, but when I look at the spot on my skin, there is NOTHING there, this happens pretty frequently actually, dust mites I guess, but strange that they have never bothered me this bad before.

Ive seen bed bugs and baby bed bugs, the babies are small, but still visible when they are on your skin, so I know its not bed bugs
Do you ever vacuum your mattress or wash your down comforter? I even wash down pillows twice a year. Takes them forever to dry but it's worth it to me since I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and 2 of them sleep on my bed.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:14 AM

24 posts, read 16,928 times
Hey bud! why not try pest control in the entire house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies