Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 11:45 PM

7,237 posts, read 3,776,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Same with rum
That's debatable since the Brits were distilling rum first in Barbados in the mid-17th Century, while bourbon is distinctly American, traced to Elijah Craig (born in Virginia) and Kentucky, in the mid-18th Century. Rum is generally associated with the Caribbean.

Both great spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 10:45 AM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
Here's what I keep in my liquor locker;

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. It's not the most exotic nor the most revered, but it's the first spiced rum I ever drank. It was good, and not expensive.

Ancient Age Bourbon. Tastes good, not expensive.
TX Blended, a bourbon from Texas. Expensive, but very good. Special occasion booze, like Friday night.

New Amsterdam Peach Vodka. Great straight up or on the rocks or mixed with almost anything.

Seagram's Bellini. Bottled cocktail, 8% alcohol by volume, peach flavored. A shot peach vodka, and a dollop of this, yum.

My wife likes Barefoot Pinot Griggio wine so we keep this on hand.

I sometimes sample other liquors if I find something interesting on sale at my local booze store.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:02 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,512,757 times
Mine's really simple. Practically the only hard liquor we drink around here is martinis. So our "bar" if you can call it that, includes vermouth, gin, bitters, and-- in case my wife wants a vodka martini-- vodka. More typically, we drink wine. I do like a good single malt, but not enough to keep it on hand. The problem with good liquor taken straight is that it's gone too quickly. Or to put it another way, I like to enjoy the journey.

We do like Bloody Marys, but we haven't had any since the time we were flying to L.A. for a cruise, back in 2019.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:30 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times
A well stocked bar will depend on what you and your guests drink. We have rum and tequila, but we can go for years without using it.

For us, it’s mostly cheap bourbon (Ancient Age and Kentucky Gentleman) and good bourbon (Makers Mark, or Jack Daniels), depending on the type of drink. We like Manhattans, so we wouldn’t use the good stuff with vermouth.

Vodka for Bloody Mary’s and vodka and tonics, etc. We only buy a local Bloody Mary Mix that is so yummy, it doesn’t need anything but big fat stuffed olives.

Tequila, rum and mid range scotch, like JW Gold or Black.

Red and white wine.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:48 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
We don't have fancy parties- usually BBQ type get togethers. In those events I'll get a bottle of Jack or Four Roses, some Bacardi, a bottle of mid-shelf Vodka, and usually some common mixers. The gals all usually enjoy Orphan Girl which is distilled and made in Montana- a bourbon cream liquor. https://www.headframespirits.com/spi...cream-liqueur/

Old 04-01-2024, 02:25 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
I'm in the process of converting our stereo (yes, we still have one ) stand to a bar cart, so this thread is good timing for me. I'm enjoying reading the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages