Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,917,087 times

Advertisements

Interesting, I have always had a good experience at Bravo!. Hmm... its funny how we can all have such different experiences at a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,093 times
Another to add to the list - Athens at Academy & San Mateo. I don't really like Greek, and was very surprised to find that this is not your typical heavy Greek food. Lots of seafood dishes, along with the usual lamb stuff, and all of it VERY good.

Also - Jade Chinese at Paseo del Norte & Wyoming...although I may have already posted that one, don't remember.

Good hole in the wall for breakfast, traditional and burritos - Hurricane's on Lomas @ Washington.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,093 times
To those of you who posted the Range Cafe as one of your favorites - two thumbs up to you! Ate at the one on Wyoming (S of Montgomery) today and it was excellent! For you dessert lovers, the Death By Lemon was, well, to die for! And for my fellow Tex Mex junkies, the salsa was real salsa, not red chile sauce with chopped tomatoes tossed in. Five stars to the Range!

PS, Hey EnjoyEP, is there way to pin this thread at the top of the ABQ forum board?

Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAllen View Post
Monroe's on Lomas and there's in the heights somewhere too.
Just came across this and happen to know that the other Monroe's is on Osuna between San Mateo and Louisiana. There's another street between San Mateo and Monroe's that I want to say is Seagull St., but I think there's a restaurant that has that name that might be fiddling with my brain and for the life of me, I can't figure why anyone would name an Albuquerque street after a scavenging sea bird.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:48 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
To those of you who posted the Range Cafe as one of your favorites - two thumbs up to you! Ate at the one on Wyoming (S of Montgomery) today and it was excellent! For you dessert lovers, the Death By Lemon was, well, to die for! And for my fellow Tex Mex junkies, the salsa was real salsa, not red chile sauce with chopped tomatoes tossed in. Five stars to the Range!
You know, I pass that Range Cafe all the time and have never stopped because I didn't expect it to compare to the Bernalillo store. It's just around the corner from me, and I appreciate your post because now I'm going to give it a try.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
There's another street between San Mateo and Monroe's that I want to say is Seagull St., but I think there's a restaurant that has that name that might be fiddling with my brain and for the life of me, I can't figure why anyone would name an Albuquerque street after a scavenging sea bird.
TOO FUNNY zia!! Yep, I drove that section of Osuna all of the time and indeed, there is a little street that connects Academy and Osuna (north - south running) named Seagull.

I don't *think* that there is a "seagull" restaurant, however, I do believe there are apartment complexes there named the "seagull apartments".

I always was really amazed / in wonderment, too, how why in the world a street in Albuquerque would get named seagull. It would be akin to up here in Milwaukee a street being named "prickly pear" or "cholla" or something...just wouldn't make much sense.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM

298 posts, read 1,149,323 times
I swear I those flying rats somewhere in ABQ.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,581 times
Re: Seagull St., there was a decent seafood restaurant on the corner of Seagull St. and Academy called, cleverly enough, Seagull Street. It was torn down to make way for an Eckerd's that never materialized. I don't know which came first, the restaurant or the street. Anyhow, it's now a furniture/home decorations store. I think the adjacent apartments are called the Silverado or something like that.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
Re: Seagull St., there was a decent seafood restaurant on the corner of Seagull St. and Academy called, cleverly enough, Seagull Street. It was torn down to make way for an Eckerd's that never materialized.
Interesting information there Andy, thanks!

Hey, this is somewhat off topic, but did you know anything about that place in the same area that looks like it was called the "Chihuahua Buffet" or something...a Mexican restaurant? I love Juarez's Mexican food, so I always wished I could've tried a place named after CJ's state to see if it was any good, however, it was closed the entire time I lived there (with no tenant ever moving into the vacant building).

Do you know of the place I am talking about? Was it any good?

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
PS, Hey EnjoyEP, is there way to pin this thread at the top of the ABQ forum board?
Your wish is my command!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque