Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 12:41 PM

2,098 posts, read 1,704,820 times

Advertisements

And here we go again. Mr. duck and hide Dunleavy presented his 2024 budget recently. In it, he has $2.4B, yes billion, going out as free money (PFDs). Money the state does not have. He is proposing to flat fund education. We are short teachers, troopers, snow plow drivers, and a whole host of other public jobs because the state's public employee retirement benefits just plan suck and the pay ain't high enough to make up for it.

As usual, he is promising Alaskans a beautiful, pain free fantasy world and he is going to make the legislature the bad guys as they will need to modify the budget to make it realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 01:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,843,360 times
And as usual, the typical Alaska voter will fall for it while simultaneously patting itself on the back for "sticking it to the libs!" (which is their default setting for pretty much anything) by voting for Dumleavy and braying that the PDF is their birthright.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:34 PM

561 posts, read 443,591 times
Genuine question, who in the middle or on the right do you have to replace him? Because you for sure do not want to go leftward. My brother who lives up there gives me updates on where you all are and your options are seemingly limited. Seems as though you're in the death loop of "lesser of two evils" with some of your political offices. Kinda like where we are federally and in other states ran by RINOs.

Old 01-03-2024, 09:27 AM

10,620 posts, read 7,839,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
Genuine question, who in the middle or on the right do you have to replace him? Because you for sure do not want to go leftward. My brother who lives up there gives me updates on where you all are and your options are seemingly limited. Seems as though you're in the death loop of "lesser of two evils" with some of your political offices. Kinda like where we are federally and in other states ran by RINOs.
Next election is a couple years off, so too soon for speculating IMO. We certainly could do worse than Dunleavy. What I don't want is a MAGA numbskull gaining office.

Old 01-03-2024, 06:44 PM

2,098 posts, read 1,704,820 times
Quote:

What we need are RINOs or moderate Democrats. They tend to be more pragmatic and focused on getting stuff done. After 2 decades of far right governance, Alaska is a train wreck. They blew through a $16 billion savings account and don't have any sort of long term fiscal plan. We rank at the bottom for domestic violence, child abuse, suicide, alcoholism, educational performance, etc. Our population is shrinking as families head south for better opportunities.

Duleavy is far and away the worse governor we've had since I moved here. We'd be better off electing Dottie Weisenflanker.

Old 01-03-2024, 09:03 PM

1,811 posts, read 911,003 times
They should impose a seasonal sales tax before they start an income tax. Exempt food & drugs but put everything else on the table. That way everyone including visitors and seasonal workers pay.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:48 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,117,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Next election is a couple years off, so too soon for speculating IMO. We certainly could do worse than Dunleavy. What I don't want is a MAGA numbskull gaining office.
I am 100% positive that you're right, but at the moment I'm having a tough time imagining a scenario worse than Dunleavy.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Figures you'd go there with the insults ("MAGA" numbskull) instead of an intelligent or thought provoking response. I'll see myself out. Have a nice day.

Old 01-08-2024, 05:59 PM

10,620 posts, read 7,839,052 times
Quote:
Figures you'd go there with the insults ("MAGA" numbskull) instead of an intelligent or thought provoking response. I'll see myself out. Have a nice day.
Lol. Where was your thought provoking response?
You just dropped into our forum to wax political, insulting Dems and Republicans alike.

BTW, Alaskans shouldn’t forget that Dunleavy rejected the MAGAs in state calling for Dr Anne Zinks removal from her position over their Covid conspiracy nonsense.

Old 01-08-2024, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Lol. Where was your thought provoking response?
You just dropped into our forum to wax political, insulting Dems and Republicans alike.

BTW, Alaskans shouldn’t forget that Dunleavy rejected the MAGAs in state calling for Dr Anne Zinks removal from her position over their Covid conspiracy nonsense.
No I dropped in the forum and picked a topic to start participating in to begin to be a regular. Step back and re-read my post. I wasn't rude or "waxing" anything, your assumption. Responses like yours are one of the reasons why our society is where it is with discourse. You went straight from 0-100 and pushed out an emotional and partially derogatory response instead of being level headed and having a respectful debate.

Too bad, I could of been a good discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska