Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2024, 05:06 PM

682 posts, read 433,775 times

Advertisements

Just wondered because I can't find a lot of information on this. It's often lumped into the rust belt (and statistics show it's one of the worst counties effected in terms of the change in per capita personal income) and the largest city; Canton is reputable for having very high crime. But at the same time the county is situated right next to the exact midpoint between New York City and Chicago, while also featuring things like the Pro Football Hall of Fame and McKinley National Memorial, two very popular tourist destinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 05:42 PM

5,516 posts, read 9,525,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy1918 View Post
Just wondered because I can't find a lot of information on this. It's often lumped into the rust belt (and statistics show it's one of the worst counties effected in terms of the change in per capita personal income) and the largest city; Canton is reputable for having very high crime. But at the same time the county is situated right next to the exact midpoint between New York City and Chicago, while also featuring things like the Pro Football Hall of Fame and McKinley National Memorial, two very popular tourist destinations.
Just my opinion, I have no stats to back it up, but I would consider Stark County to be stable.

Old Today, 10:12 AM

44 posts, read 140,101 times
Stark County has been losing population for years, but they seem to finally be doing some things right. I moved away from there, to Oklahoma City in 2013. I first flew back in 2021 and again early last year. There has been noticeable improvements and growth. Here's what I would like to happen:

1: The county, city, town, and township leaders band together to market the county for any major employer they can land. There's lots of unused land that would be good for this, as well as abandoned buildings

2: All of the above leaders market the county for it's low cost of living; especially housing

3: Again, all of the said leaders market the county and state for it not being a place that is hit by major disasters, which is largely true. This will help draw in people afraid of climate change

4: Figure out a way to begin rehabbing as much of the old housing stock as possible. Some is too far gone and needs to be tore down. The rest could be rehabbed.

5: Continue to improve on both infrastructure and amenities in the county to improve quality of life.

6: Canton crack down on the crime issue

Stark County is a place where people could enjoy living as it's not extremely populated and it's got a good climate. I actually kind of regret moving away from there and am looking at moving back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
View detailed profiles of: