Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:47 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times

Advertisements

OP's here I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 PM

19,505 posts, read 9,532,107 times
Never been to either.
Not really sure what I would opt for at present time.
I have only been to San Angelo for a few month but would not mind touring around.
I've seen You Tube videos of Capetown. Looks nice.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:58 PM

229 posts, read 520,662 times
Lived in Cape Town for several years but from the USA. My choice? Cape Town over San Diego (which I've visited at least ten times).

Beauty: CT buy a wide margin. Table Mountain. Wine Country, etc. Voted as one of the world's most beautiful cities in many publication every year.

Downtown: CT is more lively. More things to see and do. Better shopping (Waterfront)

Cosmopolitan: CT. People from all over the world visit and live in CT.

Affordability: CT, by a loooong mile.

Weather: Slight edge to SD.

Safety: SD. By a considerable margin. (CT is often ranked as murder capital of South Africa)

Old 08-10-2015, 11:03 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Lived in Cape Town for several years but from the USA. My choice? Cape Town over San Diego (which I've visited at least ten times).

Beauty: CT buy a wide margin. Table Mountain. Wine Country, etc. Voted as one of the world's most beautiful cities in many publication every year.

Downtown: CT is more lively. More things to see and do. Better shopping (Waterfront)

Safety: SD. By a considerable margin. (CT is often ranked as murder capital of South Africa)
Is it legal to carry a gun in South Africa?(just like in the USA?)

Old 08-13-2015, 06:20 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times
Cape Town in a heartbeat.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,504 times
But isn't the healthcare thirld world in South Africa?(no offense intended to S. Africans!)

Old 08-15-2015, 01:43 AM

277 posts, read 380,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
But isn't the healthcare thirld world in South Africa?(no offense intended to S. Africans!)
Everyone here uses private medical insurance and private hospitals Dunno how much that kind of thing costs overseas but I pay about R2200 ($171) a month for my medical insurance.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:29 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,181,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post

I haven't been to Cape Town yet...but that's interesting, as I'd easily consider San Diego one of the most liveable cities in the U.S. - has far less crime, amazing weather, and I also think the downtown of San Diego is quite pleasant.

I have not been to Cape Town yet....but certainly hope to soon.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:59 PM

28 posts, read 12,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Cape Town too offer different landscape from the seaside to the savana,mountains.
As far as safety, Cape Town is not unsafe compared to most large US cities.
Cape Town is unsafe compared to most large US cities

Old 10-19-2022, 11:05 PM

28 posts, read 12,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
I didn't really get the sense that any of the main parts of Cape Town were much more dangerous than many parts of New York or Miami. You just have to pay attention and not be an idiot.
…but it is? Statistically? I don’t know why Americans cling so desperately to all this weird, superlative anti-American negativism. Cape Town is more violent than NYC, and it feels and looks like it is. It’s a less advantaged place from every perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa