Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 10:21 AM

140 posts, read 29,572 times

Advertisements

So it went on for months I was just a kid and my dad drove us out there at night to try to see it several times.I lived in Portage La Prairie and it was just down the highway about 15 minutes away.I do remember people came from all over to try to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM

8,530 posts, read 6,959,394 times
I keep forgetting that this is the mysteries and paranormal forum. So postulating on topics based on science is beyond the scope of discussion. So whatever rocks your boat go for it.

Old 05-08-2024, 11:56 AM

742 posts, read 317,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I keep forgetting that this is the mysteries and paranormal forum. So postulating on topics based on science is beyond the scope of discussion. So whatever rocks your boat go for it.
I got attacked to, don't let it bother you. I want to believe, but Mysteries and Paranormal discussion should include skeptics and scientific explanations as well otherwise you don't have a open and free discussion.

Abduction cases in particular, even in the UFO community that take these things seriously, are seen as somewhat akin to folklore and outside of the "mainstream".

Old 05-08-2024, 11:58 AM

I am pretty sure I have made the point here in simply saying if we could travel to other star systems and there was a planet with life on it that we could easily reach what would we do?????? We would send robot ships first then go there to investigate the life on the planet taking samples and capturing life forms for study. Do you think we would not do this? So why would the aliens not take samples and capture lifeforms for study are they just looking?It is a absolute certainty that they would do this if its happening because we would do the same thing in their position.There is plenty of evidence but people simple don't want to believe it.

Earth is a dangerous place for one alien craft to land for all the public.There would be people who would want to instantly kill them it would be a mad house I wouldn't do it.I would come with a fleet.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-08-2024 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-10-2024, 10:26 AM

4,332 posts, read 1,577,940 times
Quote:
Ah, but you have already limited your scope within our current understood scientific parameters, without you ever considering that our understanding could be lacking in something fundamental that may be able to change the way we think about distance/time. Looking at our science at any given moment as an absolute is a mistake.

There have been electrons observed which appear to go from one atomic level to another instantly without passing through the middle, like being able to jump from the 1st floor to the 5th without ever passing through the 2nd-4th floors via an elevator or stairs. In the world of quantum mechanics, Einstein or Newton's laws don't really fit so while science is always welcome, it's never a finished subject and treating it as such is too dogmatic.

Old 05-10-2024, 11:38 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,241,071 times
KONA BLUE has been declassified and released. Find info here: https://www.aaro.mil/UAP-Records-Research/fbclid/ ...... Our ( some in it ) gov was of the mind there might be extra terrestrials and interdenominational stuff and even stuff like remote viewing consciousness.....

The proposed project never got off the ground. But that huge pdf in the second link sheds some light on what was known or thought could maybe possibly be. The darn pdf is an image file so it is text unsearchable and hard to deal with. A tad tedious and repetitive. Get some coffee and plan for a long read.

some where in my research I found the ( later) I'll be back.

Last edited by ManApplet; 05-10-2024 at 12:07 PM..

Old 05-10-2024, 06:35 PM

335 posts, read 665,907 times
The most famous abduction researcher was the late Bud Hopkins. He wrote a few books on the topic and did use hypnosis to regress supposed abductees. His books are very well written unlike most UFO books. Believe what you want, you pays your money and takes your choice.

Old 05-11-2024, 08:12 AM

Well earth on odds alone can't be the only planet with life 93 billion light year of space a estimated 2.2 trillion galaxies.Its a sure bet there are the only question is do they exist in the same time frame as us and distance between them and us.The speed of light cripples us our signal has barely gone 150 light years.It could hundreds or even thousands of years for their signal to reach us using human tech and hundreds to thousands of years for our signal to reach them.Humanity probably won't exist by the time our signal reaches across the galaxy.
I also want to add we only see the past when we look out in space we can't see what it looks like today we can only guess.I takes a agonizing 9 minutes for light to reach the earth from the sun.Even that light was produced hundreds of years ago in the core of the sun.It can take hundreds of years for a photon to reach the surface of the sun.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-11-2024 at 08:47 AM..

Old 05-11-2024, 09:19 AM

8,530 posts, read 6,959,394 times
The question of alien life forms is highly complex and not necessarily constrained by the question of distance. There may have been civilizations that evolved from primitive origins to evolved ones and simply burned out and became extinct.

And we seem to describe aliens as entities that resemble humans. And they travel in human like evolved spacecraft. These supposed beings may not in any way have a human life form. Shapeless, unseen with an existence that defy our perceptions of life.

Old 05-11-2024, 04:22 PM

8,602 posts, read 11,044,502 times
Quote:
The question of alien life forms is highly complex and not necessarily constrained by the question of distance. There may have been civilizations that evolved from primitive origins to evolved ones and simply burned out and became extinct.

And we seem to describe aliens as entities that resemble humans. And they travel in human like evolved spacecraft. These supposed beings may not in any way have a human life form. Shapeless, unseen with an existence that defy our perceptions of life.
Then they could not be called ufo's.
They could only be called uo's, (unidentified objects)
A whole new thing for scientist to try and study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal