Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 12:43 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

When we bought our first house, it was a new build on land that had been woods. We had a townhouse. I mentioned that because one day after moving in, I could hear two men having a conversation. My first thought was that someone was home in one of the houses that we shared a wall with. So, I just shrugged it off. That is until I heard them talking again. This time, I checked to see if any cars were parked at the 2 houses. No one was home.

When the 2 men were talking, I could never make out what they were saying except for an occasional word. One time they were having an animated conversation, and one of them was sayin "yeah! yeah!"

Then one day when I heard them talking, I called out loudly "Hello!". They stopped in mid conversation. At that point, I never heard them again.

I once mentioned this to an intuitive friend and pointed out to her that the land had been woods before our house was built. She said that maybe there never was a house right where ours was but at least one of the men probably lived somewhere else on the property.

Ten years later, we traded up to a bigger home which also was a new build not far from where we lived. Again, it was built on land that had been woods.

Once we moved in, occasionally I would hear someone talking or hear some noises I couldn't identify. One day, after our daughter moved out, my husband and I were home. He was in the finished basement. I was on the first floor. Then I headed upstairs and heard the door to the basement close. I didn't think anything of it. My thought was that my husband came upstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat or drink.

When he finally came upstairs to get ready for bed, he asked me if I had opened the basement door. I told him that I thought it was him opening the door! So...I told him we had a "visitor". Again, I mentioned this to my intuitive friend. Her thought was that someone I knew who has passed was paying us a visit. In this case, friend thought it was my great aunt.

Same house---one evening I was sitting in the family room and fell asleep while reading a book. What woke me up was a man's voice. It sounded like he was talking on the phone as the conversation sounded one sided. That, at first, really freaked me out because I thought someone had broken into the house. I slowly walked toward the voice. The only thing I heard was the man saying "Tomorrow is going to be a good day." (Well...maybe for him. For us, it was an ordinary day).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 07:23 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I once mentioned this to an intuitive friend and pointed out to her that the land had been woods before our house was built. She said that maybe there never was a house right where ours was but at least one of the men probably lived somewhere else on the property.

Ten years later, we traded up to a bigger home which also was a new build not far from where we lived. Again, it was built on land that had been woods.
I don't doubt your experiences.

In Yorktown, NY, the French Hill Elementary School was built on the land where our allies, the French fought the English. Teachers felt the presents of spirits after school hours. No one wanted to stay late! 2011, the school building was transformed into commercial real estate. I'm sure the spirits were one of the reasons for closing the school!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal