Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:01 AM

125 posts, read 433,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakkuri View Post
YES! I remember the rumor about the man in the woods!! But with my wild, childish imagination, I used to think I actually saw some kind of ape man out there. (But it was most likely some sort of rock formation!)

Wow, it's so strange you should mention that because over the years, with the memories dimming with time, I often wondered if I had cooked that up myself. Now I remember that other kids were talking about it as well.

I wonder how that rumor got started. Did someone find a murdered corpse in there? Hmmmmm.........
God only knows how that rumor got started...funny to think about it now....
We got stationed at Hancock starting in71, but we lived off base for about a year, I believe until our house on Montauk opened up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 15,207 times
Default Air Police

I was there from around March of 1966 until July of 1967. When I shipped out to SEA for a year. In '68 I came back to the states and served in New Mexico until I was discharged in 1969.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,333 times
Smile Hancock Field

My father was stationed at Hancock Field from 1973-75. I as well lived on Montaulk Circle. I remember other faimily's like the Adams and Sermons, in the housing area may not have been on MC. I have many fond memories of my three years there. Plenty of snow for all. I remember many Saturdays at the bowling allen and delivering the penny savor paper once a week. Also, there was a great pizza place just off the main gate.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:07 PM

16 posts, read 110,411 times
I just went to Google Maps and typed in 211 E. Molloy Road, Syracuse and got a real good look at Bessie B. Riordan Elementary (now senior apts) by clicking on "Street View." Wow, what a trip!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:23 AM

125 posts, read 433,303 times
I love google maps..saw the house we lived in when we were stationed at Eglin, in Florida.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,190 times
I'm a Hancock Brat too....Suzie Adams lives in Houston now...I also remember the Sermon's....we all lived on Bedford Circle....Check out the Hancock Field, Syracuse, NY Kids on facebook!

Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 17,585 times
Default The Goodman's are here (Texas)

Hi everyone, this is Rusty and Dawn. We are so excited to find this site!

We are on Facebook and My Space (Rusty more than Dawn). Dawn has been in contact with the Kacer's and Rusty through Facebook with the group "Hancock Brats"has been in touch with a few people. We have been reading the threads and laughing so hard. I am here to tell you that Rusty's has to fess up finally (as she is rolling on the floor laughing) that she is indeed the one who started the rumor of the "Bloody Hand"!!!

She took the blood from her knee and put it on her hand and touched her shoulder.....Thus the tale of the bloody hand began!!! To all of those I have to confess I had to keep quite or she would have beat me up as all of you know she was a tough beachhh. She has 5 children now!!! Look forward to checking back and look for us on Facebook...

Old 03-23-2009, 03:36 PM

3 posts, read 14,716 times
Hi everyone. This is Dawn Goodman. My sign on is Dawniebeth so if you see that anywhere its me.

I would love to know who you all are since I can't figure it out by you sign-on's. I have already been in touch w/Kim Kacer. Join Rusty (if you know me you know her) and Dawn on Facebook. There is also a page on Facebook called Hancock Field Air Force Brats....JOIN US!!!

If you can't find it you can email me at dawniebeth@yahoo.com

Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 PM

93,348 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Here's an interesting video you guys and girls might remember:
YouTube - WTVH Channel 5 News - Hancock Airport Layoffs - Syracuse NY 1983

Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 AM

16 posts, read 110,411 times
So the "mystery" of the bloody hand has been solved! I'm kinda bummed now that the mystique has been taken out of it!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area