Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 01:01 AM

77 posts, read 89,995 times

Advertisements

That is a quick ride not bad for a commute. I was looking at fabius. With all this movement I do hope they put more money and amenities into the towns. It is beautiful scenery they should use that to bring money to the areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 04:59 AM

93,275 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcm1232 View Post
That is a quick ride not bad for a commute. I was looking at fabius. With all this movement I do hope they put more money and amenities into the towns. It is beautiful scenery they should use that to bring money to the areas.
For the area, that is actually relatively long, given that many commutes are around 15-25 minutes.

I don’t know how much development would come to Fabius due to some liking the more rural character of the town. The northern portion of Pompey within the Fayetteville-Manlius SD has already seen its share of housing development. In turn, it is one of the more affluent towns in Upstate NY: https://www.city-data.com/forum/syra...ny-region.html
So, I can see Pompey getting more development in the future.

Old 02-06-2023, 08:42 AM

Two Micron Town Halls to be held this coming week: https://cnycentral.com/news/local/tw...is-coming-week

Old 02-07-2023, 10:18 AM

Hochul stops in Syracuse to tout budget, Micron project: https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...micron-project

Old 02-16-2023, 04:10 AM

I wanted to add the area to ask about fulton ny any opinions about the area seems to be a 20 min drive so doable to micron.Thank you

Old 02-16-2023, 05:01 AM

Quote:
I wanted to add the area to ask about fulton ny any opinions about the area seems to be a 20 min drive so doable to micron.Thank you
It was mentioned above, but it is a small city of about 11,000 that fell on hard times in terms of manufacturing leaving. It once had Miller Beer(had been later replaced by Sunoco, but not sure now) and Nestle(land is available)plants. It still has the former Sealright, now Huhtamaki plant and some other companies still around as well. There is development potential there, as it's Downtown is split by the Oswego River and the portion east of the river looks like it was transformed during Urban Renewal, but has the space and infrastructure for housing and retail in a plaza like setting. It has east access to Syracuse by way of I/Route 481 or Route 48 into I/Route 690 in Onondaga County. I’d say the nicest parts of the city is the area around the G. Ray Bodley HS and Lake Neatahwanta in the SW portion of the city and the outer neighborhoods on both sides of the city. As I’ve mentioned on here before, I could see the city being revitalized because of Micron being so close.

Old 02-17-2023, 12:53 PM

Thank you I took a drive there looking at the area. Seems some improvements are being made but there are definitely manufacturing plants in disrepair. I believe the knocked down the nestle plant. I thought I read that somewhere. Sorry I missed you mentioning that area before. I did see the Huhtamaki plant. Which looked to be in good condition. I did notice a blueberry farm. Will have to see if they have any farmers markets during the season. That would be a cool addition.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Thank you I took a drive there looking at the area. Seems some improvements are being made but there are definitely manufacturing plants in disrepair. I believe the knocked down the nestle plant. I thought I read that somewhere. Sorry I missed you mentioning that area before. I did see the Huhtamaki plant. Which looked to be in good condition. I did notice a blueberry farm. Will have to see if they have any farmers markets during the season. That would be a cool addition.
There is a Farmers Market in the area: https://www.oswegofultonchamber.com/farmers-market.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area