Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 06:37 PM

660 posts, read 659,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
They are still getting good recruits coming in and keep in mind that Hopkins was essentially coaching Boeheim's team. So, things may be different once he takes over.

They should have beaten Clemson and Wisconsin, with the latter being before Boeheim's suspension.
True, but I still believe that Hopkins made some game management mistakes. This year may be one of Boeheim's greatest coaching jobs in his coaching career. Really scared for Pitt on Saturday, because IDK how, but Pitt could beat us with walk ons . The team just doesn't play well vs Pitt since joining the ACC after the first season.

One concern I have with Dino Babers is that is this a stepping stone job for him? If he does well, I wonder if Babers will be like Boeheim and stay at the 'Cuse or if he will leave for another P5 football school, such as LSU if Les Miles gets fired or to Bama if Nick Saban leaves. It would not surprise me to see Les Miles coaching the 'Cuse. I thought if Les was fired he may be coaching here because Les has talked about us a lot. Maybe in a few years Les will be fired and come here while Babers goes to LSU if he succeeds here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 07:55 PM

93,487 posts, read 124,189,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedBit View Post
True, but I still believe that Hopkins made some game management mistakes. This year may be one of Boeheim's greatest coaching jobs in his coaching career. Really scared for Pitt on Saturday, because IDK how, but Pitt could beat us with walk ons . The team just doesn't play well vs Pitt since joining the ACC after the first season.

One concern I have with Dino Babers is that is this a stepping stone job for him? If he does well, I wonder if Babers will be like Boeheim and stay at the 'Cuse or if he will leave for another P5 football school, such as LSU if Les Miles gets fired or to Bama if Nick Saban leaves. It would not surprise me to see Les Miles coaching the 'Cuse. I thought if Les was fired he may be coaching here because Les has talked about us a lot. Maybe in a few years Les will be fired and come here while Babers goes to LSU if he succeeds here.
Yeah, Pitt is always a tough matchup for the Basketball team and I think it is due to the way they attack the zone, as well as their tough style of play. With that said, I think the Basketball team is a bit different from the team that loss the lead late at Pitt earlier in the season.

I think Babers is looking to stay, I think, due to his age and the job is within a Power 5 conference. He has been around and he is in his mid 50's. So, I think he could be here for a while.

I'm not sure about Les Miles coming to SU, but you never know.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 AM

More info: Syracuse University Athletics - 'Cuse up two spots in each poll

Old 03-05-2016, 02:18 PM

While the Men's Basketball team may be back on the bubble, the Women's Basketball team has won 10 in a row and is giving the #7 team in the nation a battle in the ACC tournament. The Women's team is #17 and may host the first two rounds with a home game in the NCAA Tournament.

Update: they beat #7 Louisville and will play #2 Notre Dame for the ACC Tournament Championship. That is 11 wins in a row and they are 25-6.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-05-2016 at 02:31 PM..

Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 PM

Tourney rematch vs Dayton tomorrow at 12:15 on CBS.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 AM

It will be interesting to see what the attendance will be for the Women's NCAA Tournament game today at 2:30: Syracuse University Athletics

Old 03-18-2016, 10:35 PM

Double win today! Beat Dayton in a revenge game and don't have to face Michigan State. I believe 'Cuse will beat Middle Tennessee by 20+.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:57 PM

Good game today! Onto Gonzaga on Friday in Chicago!

Old 03-25-2016, 01:27 PM

Here we go...onto Gonzaga. Beat Gonzaga, and we fave either Virginia or Iowa State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area