Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2024, 09:52 AM

10 posts, read 52,446 times

Advertisements

We are looking at the St. George area. We would like to have a nice sized backyard and not have the houses five feet apart. No condos or townhouses. Single story is best but will look at 2 story. Need at least 3 bedrooms, prefer 4 for when family visits. We’ve looked at Hurricane, Santa Clara. Ivins, La Verkin, Toquersville. Today we’re going to look at the southern area, specifically Bloomington Hills. Any other areas we should look at? While we are seeing neighborhoods, we probably aren’t seeing all of them that meet our needs. Are there any neighborhoods that we should avoid? I’ve also read that different areas have different utility companies. I’ve searched for that post and can’t find the one that shows the power companies for each area. I did use google and getting a little confused on the areas. I know there’s Rocky Mountain and Dixie Power.

We’re close to retirement so schools aren’t a big concern for us. Seems like everything is within a half hour drive so there are plenty of shopping options.

Recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 04:16 PM

2,889 posts, read 2,137,886 times
there's a house in Kayenta for sale, motivated seller. might be some legal issues that have to be ironed out, probably a few civil suits. LOL

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...12187736_zpid/

p.s. I could not resist. just ignore my sick humor

Old 04-15-2024, 07:07 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
there's a house in Kayenta for sale, motivated seller. might be some legal issues that have to be ironed out, probably a few civil suits. LOL

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...12187736_zpid/

p.s. I could not resist. just ignore my sick humor

I'm totally intrigued now. Tell me more?

What's the backstory of here? The house is awesome and even has a bunker.

I just visited st George for the first time ever over Easter break and really liked it there.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:45 PM

2,889 posts, read 2,137,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I'm totally intrigued now. Tell me more?

What's the backstory of here? The house is awesome and even has a bunker.

I just visited st George for the first time ever over Easter break and really liked it there.
this is the owner:

https://apnews.com/article/jodi-hild...a341cb19088fba

there are some really, really nice homes in Kayenta

Old 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,054,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
this is the owner:

https://apnews.com/article/jodi-hild...a341cb19088fba

there are some really, really nice homes in Kayenta
When you mentioned Kayenta....I was thinking of Kayenta, Arizona....
a town on the Navajo Reservation...just south of Monument Valley.....
not thinking that an area of St. George is also called "Kayenta"....

Nice large modern home....
the home ....spacious acre plus lots ...the rugged desert mountain backdrop.....looks very much like Las Cruces, New Mexico's "Talavera" area....everything similar ...except the price ....instead of $5 million....only $1 to 2 million does the trick...

Old 04-17-2024, 11:51 PM

4 posts, read 70 times
I'd say Little Valley, or Crimson Cliffs are the best. Right now I live in Little Valley (but in the older part. My parents built our house in 2003 and we are one of the first streets in the area coming from Bloomington) and there are a few grocery stores, restaurants, office buildings, schools, vets, etc... within 5-10 minutes from my front door with more constantly being built literally down the street from me. I do know we use Dixie Power in my area but I don't know about everywhere else.

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke0g View Post
I'd say Little Valley, or Crimson Cliffs are the best. Right now I live in Little Valley (but in the older part. My parents built our house in 2003 and we are one of the first streets in the area coming from Bloomington) and there are a few grocery stores, restaurants, office buildings, schools, vets, etc... within 5-10 minutes from my front door with more constantly being built literally down the street from me. I do know we use Dixie Power in my area but I don't know about everywhere else.
What makes them the best vs the communiites proposed by OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George