Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 11:24 AM

9,067 posts, read 4,773,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
My son-in-law now wants to move to a remote area when he retires. He said living remote would make him feel safe. I told him he needed to think this through.
I think you are right.

Things to ask. (Even though you already know answers to most of these questions.)

How long, before he retires, and how old will he be? Does he have any health issues, can he do manual labor and is he good with carpentry and vehicle repair?

Remote = safe?
Safe from what?

Generally "remote" trades one threat for another.
It just depends on which threat you would rather deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:18 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,249,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
We are being watched, tracked, observed constantly. Not just by the government.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/capitol-ri...ry?id=77265559

So yeah, there is no place to hide from the Gestapo - NOW!

Two different things - Led Zeppelin talking about government control of everything and TRex2 is talking about a full breakdown of society.

Which one will be the SHFT? IDK!

Perhaps both. One leading to the other, in either order.

I'm talking about both consciously, in some order.

Old Today, 03:22 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,249,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I think you are right.

Things to ask. (Even though you already know answers to most of these questions.)

How long, before he retires, and how old will he be? Does he have any health issues, can he do manual labor and is he good with carpentry and vehicle repair?

Remote = safe?
Safe from what?

Generally "remote" trades one threat for another.
It just depends on which threat you would rather deal with.

Safe will mean safe from an all-encompassing global police state with a "social credit" system that gives it the ability to control you absolutely through the digital currency system. Control meaning their ability to shut down your power to purchase, seize your bank accounts, and track all your activities and even your physical presence if they don't like your "bad thoughts" and behavior. If you won't just obey. Like what China is doing to it's people now. China is the test bed for the global state. Once wireless is fully implemented, we're toast.

But people will begin to rebel against this when it unfolds. Like what's happening in Canada and Holland. It will lead to global conflict. There will be national level conflicts, and there will be civilizational conflicts as well, as different cultures come into their own with this technology and their own ascendancy. Not all these globalists have the same ideas about what makes a one-world utopian society. And the West is in decline. Nature abhors a vacuum.

There is NO PLACE remote enough above the Tropic of Capricorn that is "safe" in terms of living off the grid of the surveillance state.

Look at the map. Pick anyplace below that line that's not in the Americas or Eurasia/Africa.

We don't need it to be permanently safe. Just safe enough till about the end of the century till I'll be long gone, worm food.

If you have health issues, or don't like chopping your own firewood..... then take your chances with the global police state and the cashless society 1984 scenario. See how well the new oligarchs take care of your "health issues" when they have absolute power and no accountability. And you ALREADY KNOW they plan to kill AT LEAST 2/3s of the human population.

Last edited by Led Zeppelin; Today at 03:41 PM..

Old Today, 03:51 PM

37,550 posts, read 61,623,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank3 View Post
Both PNW and Ozarks as survival locations seem over-ran and too expensive,
When I was three years out from my mandatory retirement we were living in Bremerton Washington, a home and three apartments. I spent most of my annual leave time shopping for land to buy with the idea of retiring there. I spoke with a lot of realtors.

The Olympic Penn is a great area, we really liked it. But at that time, the realtors were all focused on the Seattle crowd. Upscale professionals who wanted vacation homes away from Sea-Tac. Everything seemed to be priced accordingly. We were not able to pencil out a projected budget that would have allowed us to survive on my pension.

My father was from the Ozarks region [Benton County Missouri], before the Dust Bowl my grandparents had a farm there. They were evicted as a result of FDR's Bank Holiday. and forced to hit the road as a part of the Grapes of Wrath migration. Eventually, a cousin bought their farm [and many others]. As I was approaching my mandatory retirement, my father notified me that his parent's farm was back on the market again. So I took my family to Missouri to look at it. Many of the towns that my grandparents spoke of are all under water now due to the new dams that were constructed by federal work programs of the 1930s. Since that entire area has been so severely impacted by droughts. We were not impressed by the area. It seemed to be very dry and rocky.

Not an ideal place for gardening or raising livestock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness