Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 03:44 PM

8,079 posts, read 8,405,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are quite a few rentals in Edmonds and Lynnwood that are in the corridor around 99, about 2 blocks away in each direction, that are more affordable than the norm. Unless that area's undergoing some gentrification, I wouldn't recommend it. Plus there's all the traffic noise and air pollution to live with, if you're just a block or two away from 99.
We don't normally think of Edmonds as overlapping Aurora (certainly not the "bowl"), but it does. There is a Costco almost right there (you could walk to it), so that adds to the appeal, I suppose. (Lake) Ballinger Park and Echo Lake Park are nearby. Used to be called The Village Apts" (ala the Aurora Village Mall, which was across the street), but has been gussied up and rebranded since as "Edmonds 28".

The giveaway is that the property managers are trying to hide where this is located (to fool out-of-owners?) by about 100 blocks:

https://www.peaklivingps.com/edmonds28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 08:18 PM

30,429 posts, read 52,061,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
There is a lot of fraud on craigslist. Most people don't use it anymore as a house/apartment hunting tool, so be mindful of that.
That's not true. It's still the primary source for most people, myself included. Until I bought my house 2 years ago, it was the ONLY way I found most of my (20+) rentals! And it's very easy to filter out the nonsense/fraud, if you know what to look out for. I'd be happy to advise OP on that if need be.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM

7,547 posts, read 17,288,289 times
At least in the city, there are also a decent number of indie listings on the Zillow Rentals app.

Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

102,275 posts, read 108,342,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
We don't normally think of Edmonds as overlapping Aurora (certainly not the "bowl"), but it does. There is a Costco almost right there (you could walk to it), so that adds to the appeal, I suppose. (Lake) Ballinger Park and Echo Lake Park are nearby. Used to be called The Village Apts" (ala the Aurora Village Mall, which was across the street), but has been gussied up and rebranded since as "Edmonds 28".

The giveaway is that the property managers are trying to hide where this is located (to fool out-of-owners?) by about 100 blocks:

https://www.peaklivingps.com/edmonds28
The hotels in the general area (I think there's a Days Inn or other Wyndham property, and in Shoreline--a Motel 6) get terrible reviews (crime, etc. especially at night), though I've learned from experience that reviews bashing the lower-priced motels often aren't accurate, and seem to be politically/economically motivated (employees of higher-end hotels posting disinformation, perhaps). So IDK, but that Aurora corridor is still considered skeevy.

I think because the land all around there (when I looked a few years ago, there were still old farmsteads in the area on the Edmonds side) was cheap, corporate investment companies (REITs) snapped it up to milk the demand for housing.

Old Today, 08:49 AM

32,715 posts, read 48,302,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
..........There is a Costco almost right there (you could walk to it), so that adds to the appeal, I suppose. ........[/url]
Sorry. With apologies, veering off topic, but I get the mental image of a person walking to Costco and walking home carrying 48 rolls of toilet paper, 6 gallon jars of tomato sauce, a whole pork loin, and a 40 pound bag of kitty litter.

Costco isn't really a "walk to" place.

Although I get the point. It would be nice to have one close by and convenient

Old Today, 12:37 PM

8,079 posts, read 8,405,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sorry. With apologies, veering off topic, but I get the mental image of a person walking to Costco and walking home carrying 48 rolls of toilet paper, 6 gallon jars of tomato sauce, a whole pork loin, and a 40 pound bag of kitty litter.

Costco isn't really a "walk to" place.

Although I get the point. It would be nice to have one close by and convenient

You'd be surprised how much I can get in my Trolley Dolly. (Okay, maybe not that much, but still a lot.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area