Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2024, 01:47 PM

321 posts, read 363,128 times

Advertisements

Thinking of renting first to better learn the area before buying. We're looking at LWR, Wellen and Skye among others. What would be some of the better rental options ? Will probably only rent for a year, or less. Not interested in amenities, pools and such, as we'll put all our time in looking around. Less expensive, if there is such a thing, would be better. Don't need to waste cash on a rental. Condo, apt or small 2 bed house would suffice. Garage would be nice, if it offsets the cost of monthly storage.

Also I noticed it's very different here in Fl than it was back up north, whereas any realtor can show most if not all rentals. Here, at least in the Jax area it's property managers, is it the same in the Sarasota area ?

We'll be heading out in a few weeks to look things over, looking forward it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 11:02 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times
You are correct, property management companies handle the bulk of the rentals here, agents do not usually get involved unless they are they are acting as the property manager for someone.

A lot of the rentals can be found on the Internet, posted by apartment rental complexes and individuals.

Lakewood Ranch is, in general, more expensive for rentals than other areas of Sarasota and Bradenton. House rental rates run higher than condos or apartments. Older apartment complexes and those 55+ tend to have lower monthly rates than newer communities with amenities.

You didn't mention a price range, so it makes it difficult to suggest particular locations or communities.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:04 AM

Yes, I didn't want to hazard a guess as prices overall have gone up. I was just wondering in which areas would I find the best deals overall. Though if it helps I suppose $2-2.5k would be great but I don't know how realistic that is. Doesn't have to be in the greatest area, but not the worst either.

I take it from your post LWR is more than other areas. A small 1/2bd condo/house/garage in a decent area would be great... if possible .

Thanks...

Old 04-26-2024, 10:16 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
Not many deals on condos/apartments in this area; figure if you find something for $2,500/month, you'll need first, last and security ~ move in cost $7,500.

Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM

145 posts, read 117,862 times
Very smart strategy. Even if it costs you a bit more to rent, it's still the best choice. After you consider, taxes, homeowners insurance etc. the difference will be minimal. So many people, "drank the juice" during covid and went "all-in" with blinders on. TAKE YOUR TIME! Many real estate brokers will sing you some well rehearsed lines about how great everything is and how much equity you will enjoy. "Congratulations, You finally made it to FLORIDA!" I know many unhappy transplants, who simply did not think things through and" panic bought" because they felt that they wouldn't be able to afford something "next year". Most likely, the home you finally select will NOT be in the first community you rent in.

Old Today, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Not many deals on condos/apartments in this area; figure if you find something for $2,500/month, you'll need first, last and security ~ move in cost $7,500.

I hear they also want the first born and five years of servitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area