Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
Afterall, the dishes are all packed and I have to eat somewhere.
Best reason in the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I'm sure all of the food at the Pink Adobe is considered very genuine.

My objection to the place is that it seems to me that any restaurant that enjoys the reputation as one of the "Santa Fe Traditions since 1944", and attracts so many tourists who have heard about it, should proudly offer the best of New Mexican cuisine on the menu along with the other dishes.

Just my own personal opinion.

P.S. I make my beignets at home. I bet I could compete with Cafe Du Monde.
Oh...yum!!! I have never tried it myself.

Don't know what to tell you about the other....

I have cabrito baking in the oven....got it started too late, and it won't be ready for another 3 hours..!!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 PM

I know I have mentioned Diego's Cafe (in DeVargas Mall) before; it is near the top of my favorites list. We had lunch there today. They have the most awesome food (every time we go) and such friendly service. Great green chile!

Two thumps up!!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, the Pink Adobe is still there. It's a Santa Fe institution, probably one of the most famous and popular restaurants in Santa Fe.
I was just going to post on that. The Pink is one of the attractions that drew me to Santa Fe, after I checked out and read a library book on recipes by the Pink's owner/founder.

I loved the Pink! My party sat right by the fireplace and it was wonderful as the afternoon turned to showers while we ate dinner. The menu was not traditionally New Mexican as much as other cafes more suited to the New Mexican cuisine title, but the staff was courteous, the food was great as was too the atmosphere.

If indeed I do move to SF the "Pink" will be one of the first restaurants in which I will celebrate my arrival.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:31 PM

I guess the only thing I can actually say I liked about the Pink was the fireplace, which was very cool.

Everything else - not a good experience.

And I am a person who is NOT hard to please ... I rarely ever complain about any restaurant. I LOVE almost every restaurant I go to, even though others have complaints.

You won't be seeing me when you dine there, Lovehound.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:27 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
You won't be seeing me when you dine there, Lovehound.
Good! I see that Santa Fe is so small compared to what I'm used to (L.A.) that I'll probably need a hang out to occasionally get a bit of privacy from my online friends.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:09 AM

We went to Chocolate Maven today for breakfast. It was our first visit .... and we WILL be returning.

THAT PLACE IS AWESOME!!! We had wonderful breakfasts ... and came home with a bag of goodies from their pastry selection. ....mmmmmmm......

The Chocolate Maven.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOutWest View Post
True enough. Having grown up in Las Cruces and living in New Mexico most of my life. Going out for "Mexican" food had always been New Mexican food for me. Visiting, and living in, different parts of the United States, taught me the difference between Mexican and New Mexican.

Like I said, a can of worms. lol
You want green or red sauce with those worms? We had a great little NM restaurant in Dallas, well actually Plano (suburb). It was owned by a famiy from ALB. I went to it a couple of times, it was so good. Then we I actually moved closer to it, it was gone, replace by a typical Tex mex restaurant. I need to order a case of the red sauce from the Shed in Sante Fe. The "Old El Paso" stuff is about it.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:31 PM

426 posts, read 1,086,744 times
The Bull Ring
Konami
Chicago Pizza and Pasta - very good!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
I'm with Towanda. I've always loved Maria's and could start a riot by saying I like it better than much in ABQ. Uh, oh.

And for a splurge, the Inn of the Anasazi restaurant where Martin Rios rocks! Ranks with the best anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe