Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 07:38 PM

3,858 posts, read 2,742,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
We're simply not going to find agreement on the former. We'll have to be satisfied with our differing opinions. The latter? These Progressive nuts are NOT going to take my party away. They're completely out of touch with mainstream voters and we'll be sending them this very message. Special delivery.

I'm afraid it is too late. Your party is not in your control. I sympathize with you, I really do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 07:39 PM

23,804 posts, read 18,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Doesn't matter what you say, because what you say is varifiably false. As I have just shown...

You haven't showed JACK, other than some 5 year trends which I never said a thing about. What's "varifiable" is that serious violent crime us UP vs. this time last year.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You haven't showed JACK, other than some 5 year trends which I never said a thing about. What's "varifiable" is that serious violent crime us UP vs. this time last year.

Ahh, so I mistyped verifiable. Fair enough. Still, you said that Providence violent crime is on the increase, and that implies long term trends, not measured against yesterday. So you may not have said five year trends, but any reasonable reader will recognize that as your implication. And you're wrong, as always.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Ahh, so I mistyped verifiable. Fair enough. Still, you said that Providence violent crime is on the increase, and that implies long term trends, not measured against yesterday. So you may not have said five year trends, but any reasonable reader will recognize that as your implication. And you're wrong, as always.

Whatever, dude. "I" am talking about from last year, and I've made that abundantly clear here. Time to drop it and grow up.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Whatever, dude. "I" am talking about from last year, and I've made that abundantly clear here. Time to drop it and grow up.

Well, you never said that exactly. If that's what you meant, then you should have said it. Still, 5% increase overall year over year is in the noise in a small city like this. It hardly warrants a thread, unless you are an attention seeking homeless person.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Still, 5% increase overall year over year is in the noise in a small city like this.

I posted the thread for discussion purposes, and as an honest question. Is this little bump a fluke? Will this trend continue? I did acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the PPD in getting illegal guns off the street, and crediting that to a drop in murders (if you even cared to notice). I'm happy to continue discussing the topic with you, if you are able to refrain from your gaslighting and personal attacks.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I posted the thread for discussion purposes, and as an honest question. Is this little bump a fluke? Will this trend continue? I did acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the PPD in getting illegal guns off the street, and crediting that to a drop in murders (if you even cared to notice). I'm happy to continue discussing the topic with you, if you are able to refrain from your gaslighting and personal attacks.

No, you posted this thread to beat down the city, as always. Nobody is falling for your BS.

Just another troll thread.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:44 PM

4,236 posts, read 1,699,343 times
Quote:
I'm afraid it is too late. Your party is not in your control. I sympathize with you, I really do.
The pendulum swings as ever. It's democracy. The people speak and we live with the results. What's old is new.

Last edited by PureBoston; 07-25-2022 at 09:48 PM..

Old 07-25-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
The pendulum swings as ever. It's democracy. The people speak and we live with the results. What's old is new.I
Really PB? So you chastise us for the Dem vote that predominantly elects members of your party, but take a pass when the finger is rightly pointed at you? Where is your accountability for your party? I assess you in much higher esteem than say “the transient“ here, but really you have to measure up to your talk. You’re quick to ask us to justify our civic existence. What are you doing to justify yours? Asked in earnest, because I think you have earned a place here.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:29 PM

Now that the 6-day heat wave is over, I'm hoping that some of us will take it down a notch. Just like in the mean streets of South Providence, the heat can cause tensions to flare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island