Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 06:10 PM

27,714 posts, read 28,831,990 times

Advertisements

I prefer more traditional looking houses, to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 06:21 PM

14,858 posts, read 8,187,989 times
That is awful!

Old 05-06-2024, 09:56 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,230,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
That’s a nightmare all around, but the raw meat theme makes me actually feel ill.
That IS bad but for me its that wavy gravy mirror thing going on. It makes me dizzy just seeing the pictures.

All around, the decorating is spectacularly bad. LOL

Old 05-06-2024, 10:01 AM

3,094 posts, read 2,438,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's a fun house for sure, to visit. But to live in it? I think the funkiness might wear out pretty fast.

Bank of America owns it now. I guess the owner died or lives in a nursing facility...
Did she slip and fall on the ledge next to the washer and dryer while doing laundry?
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...pid/?mmlb=g,30

Old 05-06-2024, 10:42 AM

I disagree that the house is fixable. The biggest problem is that the scale of the rooms is off. It's like someone took an 800 square foot house and expanded it to 6,000 sf. The dinky little kitchen and smaller bathrooms don't belong in a spacious house. The larger rooms (whose purpose is unclear) should have a ceiling height, moldings and windows in proportion to their size. The bigger bathrooms lack privacy. Most rooms appear to lack electrical outlets. The laundry room looks dangerous.

It reminds me of the Kessler Mansion (aka P*mp Mansion) here in Indianapolis. I don't see any news about it, but the Kessler Mansion is now being demolished, either in part or entirely. Expressing your individuality is great, but you can end up with a unsaleable house when you take it too far. ETA: the Kessler Mansion is being turned into apartments.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:58 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,230,747 times
Quote:
There are many "interesting" homes people live(d) in.
Look at the loo here:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...34359663_zpid/
The exterior looks like nothing you would imagine inside.
I have a completely made up explanation for this house.

Husband and wife lived here 50-60 yrs. Husband was an antiques dealer and the inventory stayed in the house.

Wifey insisted on SOME calm space, thusly one of the bedrooms is relatively calm and one of the living spaces (with the big couch) is relatively calm, for company.

The rest of the house is given over to the husband and his whims. And that helps explain why there's an opulent couch with lots of pillows in one of the bathrooms. LOL

Old 05-06-2024, 12:30 PM

7,048 posts, read 4,941,818 times
That one bedroom with the same blue spotted wallpaper on the walls, ceiling, and on the fabric - that wallpaper is called Roosevelt Rose and it's actually a really pretty wallpaper if you don't overdo it. If you've ever watch A Christmas Story when Ralphie is in his parents' room, you can see the same pattern wallpaper there.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:17 PM

3,347 posts, read 1,840,921 times
Quote:
It's a fun house for sure, to visit. But to live in it? I think the funkiness might wear out pretty fast.

Bank of America owns it now. I guess the owner died or lives in a nursing facility, seems to have at least one son.

Here is a story:
https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-...s-reno-nevada/

I do like her way of thinking, though. It seems that many homeowners nowadays forgot to apply that to themselves:

"Conventional wisdom says your home should be a reflection of yourself. Janet Andrews, 82, took that saying literally when decorating her six-bedroom, $3.5 million home in Reno, NV."

Scroll down the bottom to see more interesting homes and their history.
I put down photo 17 as horrific.. but 19 was the worst.. nevermind, it's 22!... no, I think 23... um 25-26?.. wait.. 29!.. or perhaps....

Old 05-07-2024, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I have a completely made up explanation for this house.

Husband and wife lived here 50-60 yrs. Husband was an antiques dealer and the inventory stayed in the house.

Wifey insisted on SOME calm space, thusly one of the bedrooms is relatively calm and one of the living spaces (with the big couch) is relatively calm, for company.

The rest of the house is given over to the husband and his whims. And that helps explain why there's an opulent couch with lots of pillows in one of the bathrooms. LOL
Was the husband Fred Sanford?

Old 05-07-2024, 08:19 AM

78,784 posts, read 60,983,135 times
It would seem that somewhere along the way, someone made a lot of money.

It would appear that a lot of drugs were involved at some stage and tbh the decor makes me wonder if it there were a lot of um videos filmed there or group gatherings of the al fresco variety.

I'd love to hear the ownership history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate