Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 08:44 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I like Drake Maye, think the Pats have to go QB.
I hope he is a better player in the pros because at UNC he was highly rated and never lived up to the hype. UNC QBs have not done the best in the NFL - TJ Yates, Mitchell Trubisky, Darian Durant, et al - maybe Maye can buck that trend.

But I think a QB is probably the right call. Zappe has shown he is not a bonafide franchise QB, and neither has Mac Jones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 08:43 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
No Mac Jones bounce back?
I do not believe so, seems to be broken to me.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
No Mac Jones bounce back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I do not believe so, seems to be broken to me.

Does Mac Jones just not mesh well with Belichick?

Jones will have a job somewhere, even if it's as a backup.. The only QB picked in the first round that hasn't started a game, at least in the past 30 years, so far as I know is that guy in Tampa Bay. Kyle Trask.

Look.. Even Trey Lance got picked up by the Cowboys..

Someone will take a chance on Jones, thinking the problem was just a mismatch of styles between him and Belichick. The question will be.. Was that the problem?

Same thing was thought about Darnold in New York.. Carolina, at least, now is pretty sure the problem was Darnold, not the situation.

Old 01-15-2024, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Does Mac Jones just not mesh well with Belichick?

Jones will have a job somewhere, even if it's as a backup.. The only QB picked in the first round that hasn't started a game, at least in the past 30 years, so far as I know is that guy in Tampa Bay. Kyle Trask.

Look.. Even Trey Lance got picked up by the Cowboys..

Someone will take a chance on Jones, thinking the problem was just a mismatch of styles between him and Belichick. The question will be.. Was that the problem?

Same thing was thought about Darnold in New York.. Carolina, at least, now is pretty sure the problem was Darnold, not the situation.
Kyle Trask was not drafted in the first round. He was the 64th pick, in the second round.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/TrasKy00.htm

Old 01-17-2024, 09:37 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlZ_CnVs6v0

As a Giant fan, I like Joe Alt going to the Giants at #6. Caleb to the Bears at #1? I guess they might trade him unless they have given up on Fields.

Old 01-17-2024, 01:06 PM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Kyle Trask was not drafted in the first round. He was the 64th pick, in the second round.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/TrasKy00.htm

Perhaps it's first or second round in the past 30 years... I've brought this up before. I looked it all up at one time.. So.. Maybe I just forgot that Trask was second round here. I don't really feel like going through all that lookup again.. lol.

Old 01-18-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Perhaps it's first or second round in the past 30 years... I've brought this up before. I looked it all up at one time.. So.. Maybe I just forgot that Trask was second round here. I don't really feel like going through all that lookup again.. lol.
He's seen action in three games in his career. Never made a start though.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...sKy00/gamelog/

Old 02-05-2024, 12:05 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faDDTxdlcIQ

Old 02-06-2024, 11:13 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears trade the #1 for the #3-4 plus their first round pick next year and maybe a good OL.

Then take Harrison.

Old 02-06-2024, 11:35 AM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
I'm annoyed that Seattle is nearly out of Denver picks (just a third-rounder when they traded up during last year's draft). They made every draft extra exciting.

Mathguy, that sounds like a great idea for Chicago. Consecutive trades like that could be the basis for a lot of good years. Even aside from the Fields debate, there's something to be said for getting three good starters instead of taking a chance on another QB. And I've heard enough questions about every available QB to suggest it's a crapshoot like always.

That said, I don't envy the people making the decisions. This could be the only chance at a top QB in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football