Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

7,629 posts, read 3,977,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is incredible. What does one do when they have a doctorate at the age of 17 ? Do they continue on in the academic field or go work for some think tank somewhere ? Boston Dynamics or something like that ?
I doubt they would have any use for her. She doesn't have an engineering or related science degree. She has a type of psych degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

5,781 posts, read 4,746,558 times
Good for her. Tremendous accomplishment.

But If she is a true genius, I'm surprised she didn't go to a better school than ASU. Just saying.

Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM

1,348 posts, read 1,687,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Good for her. Tremendous accomplishment.

But If she is a true genius, I'm surprised she didn't go to a better school than ASU. Just saying.
Not impressed. All the degrees were online. The "PhD" is a bull**** holistic health related degree.

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

7,629 posts, read 3,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Not impressed. All the degrees were online. The "PhD" is a bull**** holistic health related degree.
It's not a PhD; it's a DBH (doctorate in behavioral health.) They call it a clinical degree. It has a final project, not a dissertation like a PhD. It can be completed all online. I don't see how the clinical part can be done online.

It's a great accomplishment for someone so young. But it's not a PhD in physics, which is the degree held by the the character OP references.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

13,717 posts, read 4,988,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Well here's one example.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...white-n1040686

He said "poor", but we all know he means black as that's who he's talking about here.
OK, so Biden said that black kids are just as smart as white kids. Isn’t that just the opposite of what the OP said Democrats believe?

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

1,941 posts, read 564,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It was OP who originally compared her to a TV character. Take it up with them.
Yeah, and how factual can that be. You always take comparisons of reality to fantasy so literally? ".....but she's no Sheldon Cooper" I'm sure Sheldon (and his writers) will appreciate your defense.
I am OP.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
OK, so Biden said that black kids are just as smart as white kids. Isn’t that just the opposite of what the OP said Democrats believe?
OP says reference post #29. In addition Democrats believe blacks aren't smart enough to know how to get an ID.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

13,717 posts, read 4,988,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
OP says reference post #29. In addition Democrats believe blacks aren't smart enough to know how to get an ID.
But OP said "Anyone want to join the Dems and Joe Biden saying black kids are dumb?"

I've proven that Biden never said that. Now you want to lump all Dems into one because a particular Dem made a stupid comment?

Although, let's be honest. Hochul did not say black students are dumb. Her point obviously was that they are not receiving a good education. Don't pretend you didn't realize that.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
But OP said "Anyone want to join the Dems and Joe Biden saying black kids are dumb?"

I've proven that Biden never said that. Now you want to lump all Dems into one because a particular Dem made a stupid comment?

Although, let's be honest. Hochul did not say black students are dumb. Her point obviously was that they are not receiving a good education. Don't pretend you didn't realize that.
No, you proven nothing. Don't pretend if the other party made either statement you wouldn't be all over it.

Both apologized and said they 'misspoke'......after backlash.

"poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids". The more comparable reply would've been:
"poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as rich kids."

Does he think there are no poor white kids? Who is he pointing to as 'superior' here?

This thread was started to call attention to the accomplishments of this black girl at a very young age.

Point taken of "lump all dems" which is no more accurate than lump all repubs as MAGAs, however both are done on a regular basis.

Old Today, 11:43 AM

3,126 posts, read 1,780,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
He was right on target. Here is another, you can't make this stuff up.

https://apnews.com/article/hochul-bl...f9e402096f8446
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68971655

If you are really that interested you can find more.
Thanks for adding to my example. Some people here are so lazy that they can't do their own research, or maybe they do it intentionally so they can pretend it's not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies