Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:07 AM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet. Just like you." (set 2 days ago)

1,249 posts, read 636,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Indeed- we are seeing the "benefits" of "diversity".

Only an idiot would think that introducing a large cohort of uneducated, illiterate, unskilled people to the nation who refuse to assimilate would be beneficial to the nation.

Contrast a "Tale of Two Cities"; at the same time, Minneapolis had a large influx of Muslims from Somalia, while Des Moines had a large influx of Muslims from Bosnia/Croatia. The latter group is completely westernized and has assimilated US culture and beliefs; the former has not. The Bosnian/Croatian immigrants have PROSPERED, done well financially, and have contributed to the productivity of the city without an increase in crime. The Somali population has done exactly the opposite to Minneapolis.

The idiocy of liberalism, in encouraging the importation of large cohorts of people who are illiterate even in their own language, lack any skills, and are hostile to western civilization and the principles of the US is to invite destruction and ruin. Only liberals would somehow think that such measures would benefit a nation. But, of course, liberals are always wrong.
I wasnt aware that Des Moines had a large Bosnian immigrant community, likely because they assimilated as you mentioned. Culture matters.

Growing up in the Minneapolis area, I was certainly aware of the Somali immigrant influx, partially because it was heavily subsidized by the govt in the 90's, just like the Hmong immigrants to the area were heavily subsidized before them in the 70's/80's.

Not only have Somali's been subsidized by the progressive twin city area, they have had regulatory "set asides" put in place just for them. Minneapolis was the first major American city of its size to waive its own ordinances to allow the muslim call of prayer to be broadcast at decibel levels higher than allowed for any other activity, and during the decades long, widely accepted, "quiet hours" that had been in place (like most cities have). The mixed use populated area of Cedar Riverside neighborhood in particular was impacted by this decision by the far left pandering city council.

It is ironic that an iconic Minneapolis bar named Palmers, in place for decades, and that shares a wall with a Somali mosque, had a noise ordinance complaint by mosque attendees due to live music from the bar in the evening, and the bar was ordered to shut down the music. The call to prayer at dawn the next morning from the mosques heavily amplified rooftop speakers blasted out as usual, much to the delight of those living (and still sleeping) in the mixed use area.

As in Animal Farm, it is thought in Minneapolis that "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others..."

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; Today at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:09 AM

12,055 posts, read 6,602,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This was not covered by any of the TV news stations or either major newspapers
But if it had been a gang of Christians beating up a Muslim kid —24/7 media coverage…..

Old Today, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is zero other source to confirm this story. Put the mom's name in and not one thing comes up. And the top of the website where the article is says it's an AlphaNews "Exclusive" story, which means the mom called them and told them the story, it wasn't on any news wire or even social media and they are the only ones reporting it.It doesn't make sense. Newsmax, Fox, etc would all be covering this if it were real. It would be on social media, too. But it's nowhere to be found except this one site. So I don't believe it's true, or at least not verified in any way.
Yes, nothing more from credible sources on this can be found.

The school owns the video, and is likely not interested in releasing it publically, and school staff have also most likely been instructed not to speak directly to media about it, so it is back to the word of the mother and daughter, which is pretty light stuff to go on at this point.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

17,860 posts, read 13,787,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Yes, nothing more from credible sources on this can be found.

The school owns the video, and is likely not interested in releasing it publically, and school staff have also most likely been instructed not to speak directly to media about it, so it is back to the word of the mother and daughter, which is pretty light stuff to go on at this point.
I just hope the mother put a frozen steak on that black eye the poor kid did or didn't have.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

17,377 posts, read 12,337,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
But if it had been a gang of Christians beating up a Muslim kid —24/7 media coverage…..
Or again, it just didn't happen.

Police report or response from school would clear that up.

Old Today, 11:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,115,470 times
Quote:
I don't know about that. Recently, there was a group of Christian kids at our elementary school who were taunting a non-Christian that she was going to hell, over and over, in the cafeteria and that didn't make the news cycle either.

Playground scuffles are just not news worthy.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know about that. Recently, there was a group of Christian kids at our elementary school who were taunting a non-Christian that she was going to hell, over and over, in the cafeteria and that didn't make the news cycle either.

Playground scuffles are just not news worthy.
Did they beat the girl up, or just keep it to the taunting?

How did you hear about it?

Old Today, 11:41 AM

19,301 posts, read 17,179,191 times
Quote:
A group of any kind where kids are beating up another who isn't like them is nothing new, it happens all the time. But the allegations that it is racially driven are from the mother, not any our source.

Another article says "The alleged assault occurred on April 29 at Hidden Valley Elementary in Savage, Minnesota, about 20 miles south of Minneapolis. The victim's mother, Shawna Larson, told Alpha News that on that day, a group of Muslim girls, who "had been friends" with her daughter "all year long," suddenly walked up to her daughter on the playground and slugged her in the face." https://www.theblaze.com/news/muslim...uslim-mom-says

So the real question is what lead to the falling out, nothing but self serving statements point to anything racial and only Christians play the victim card that they are unfairly called out when involved.

Also seems odd that not one local paper including the town of Savage MN a small town of 32K make no mention of this, just all the right wing news sources when you run a search...

Old Today, 11:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,115,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Did they beat the girl up, or just keep it to the taunting?

How did you hear about it?
Because I'm a member of the church where the counselor called and asked the girl's Sunday School teachers to reinforce the school rule against bullying. And no, they didn't beat her up, but they ostracized her and told her on numerous occasional - loudly and publicly - that she was going to hell.

Old Today, 11:52 AM

8,656 posts, read 10,191,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yep. On the internet, I can only find other non mainstream news media copying this one article from Alpha News and reposting it.

On the other hand, a 9 year-olds' dust-up at recess doesn't usually make the news.

It should be handled, within the school discipline policy.
I bet if it was your child, you'd want to believe her (and the school) and you wouldn't be making up excuses on a message board to dismiss it and calling it a simple dust-up at recess. It shows apathy to the situation and a lack of empathy.

Do better.

Last edited by AZLiam; Today at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies