Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM

6,289 posts, read 3,443,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Trudeau regime has introduced an Orwellian new law called the Online Harms Bill C-63, which will give police the power to retroactively search the Internet for "hate speech" violations and arrest offenders, even if the offence occurred before the law existed. This new bill is aimed at safeguarding the masses from so-called "hate speech."
Wow I wonder if a similar law was to be passed in the US would the antisemitic crowd and hate toward Israel and the America be first in line to be arrested.
Would the law go back to the BLM and antifa riots be included? How about the concentration camp for American Japanese?

And the big one the hatred by democrats toward Trump? Search the internet? Michael Cohen and New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC would be dead meat.
I don't think there are enough jail cells to accommodate the hate in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,169,782 times
You should've highlighted the scariest parts of the bill, like the potential for life imprisonment for committing speech violations. Or, being forced to wear a tracker and submit to bodily fluid testing because somebody merely reports you because they 'think' you will commit a thought/speech crime. Canada's leftists want to stop just short of out-kooking North Korea.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

15,589 posts, read 7,620,110 times
That law would be unconstitutional due to the first amendment and the prohibition of ex post facto laws.

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

6,289 posts, read 3,443,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
That law would be unconstitutional due to the first amendment and the prohibition of ex post facto laws.
Canada doesn't have the same constitutional rights as Americans. There has been laws in effect on free speech for years in Canada.
And hate speech laws have been on the books in America for years. Just not to that extent.

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM

6,432 posts, read 2,745,616 times
Blackface Trudeau better be careful what he wishes for.

Just sayin'

Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM

78,713 posts, read 60,892,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Wow I wonder if a similar law was to be passed in the US would the antisemitic crowd and hate toward Israel and the America be first in line to be arrested.
Would the law go back to the BLM and antifa riots be included? How about the concentration camp for American Japanese?

And the big one the hatred by democrats toward Trump? Search the internet? Michael Cohen and New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC would be dead meat.
I don't think there are enough jail cells to accommodate the hate in America.
Quote but no link?

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

26,045 posts, read 22,241,190 times
How do you prove whether someone "hates" or not? I don't get "hate" crime/laws. Why single out specific groups, as you will find just any group of people that someone doesn't like them "just because". What about the wealthy vs the poor? Male vs female? What about high school teams where they attack/insult one another after the game? Do they "hate", and should this be covered the same as anti-semetic? I would think so. No group should be held above another, right?

Canada is a lost cause, so I don't look to them for inspiration.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,066,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Blackface Trudeau better be careful what he wishes for.

Just sayin'
Yeah, the Premier of Scotland suggested a more or less similar law and it backfired to the point he resigned (but stay until his successor is chosen).

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

26,024 posts, read 19,001,548 times
"Hate speech" being anything critical of the government, of course.

Spoiler
I.E. if someone calls Trudeau a moron, it's off to prison and an assisted suicide.

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

19,754 posts, read 12,315,909 times
This is terrifying. Our innocuous "friends to the north" land of maple syrup and hockey eh? sounds like it wants to be China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies