Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 10:15 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The open borders crap is why I can never take libertarians seriously. If nothing else the open borders should be one of the very last steps in the process, not a take it whenever you can get it sort of thing. First you have to get rid of the welfare state, otherwise you just end up attracting the world's freeloaders.
"why I can never take libertarians seriously."

Libertarians are no different then dems or repubs.

There are right, far right, left, far left and the middle ground of each.

To paint ALL libertarians with 1 wide brush is asinine at the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 11:29 AM

9,257 posts, read 6,407,652 times
Quote:
The open borders crap is why I can never take libertarians seriously. If nothing else the open borders should be one of the very last steps in the process, not a take it whenever you can get it sort of thing. First you have to get rid of the welfare state, otherwise you just end up attracting the world's freeloaders.
You have to understand that what unites people as libertarian is a desire for a non-intrusive government run with minimal authority. Libertarianism is the polar opposite of authoritarianism. Individual libertarians are going to have their own hot-button issues, some will want open borders and some don't, some will want full drug legalization and others won't. The variability within the ranks of libertarians is no different than the variability found within the ranks of Republicans and Democrats.

Old 05-16-2024, 11:45 AM

11,186 posts, read 7,246,955 times
They've either totally sold out, or they have some toxic surprises for him. Hopefully the latter.

They're most likely just "lost at sea" ideologically, like the trump Republicans. Face it, there are no valid and worthwhile parties out there. A personal party of one is far more valuable than any stupid group. I know I'm steering clear of all of them and their nonsense.

Old 05-17-2024, 03:03 PM

13,444 posts, read 7,441,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Your good with.........."

PSSST, I am a proud republican and do not try to hide it, unlike many dems, and want our borders protected.

You?

I'm sure SOME Libertarians fit your mold but to claim ALL?

You make claims, back them up.

There are several factions of the party, just as the dems and repubs have.

Google can be your friend and save a LOT of embarrassment!

"Factions in the Libertarian Party (United States)rom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Libertarian Party in the United States is composed of various factions, sometimes described as left and right, although many libertarians reject use of these terms to describe the political philosophy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factio...(United_States)

Hoe does that crow taste?
As usual deflecting when you have nothing to back up your claims that LP wants open boarders.

Quote:
The fact is most who illegally cross over are not using the welfare system. 99.9% of the homeless panhandlers on the corners here in Phoenix area are white Americans born in the USA. Immigrants have no problem sleeping 10 in a 1 bedroom and going to work at 5am working outside in 115F heat all day.

I have no problem with people who want to work legally, and live peacefully in our country just like the Libertarian party. There should be a safety net system for people who truly need it. The problem is states who administer the welfare system do a poor job at vetting people.

Last edited by kell490; 05-17-2024 at 03:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies