Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 03:37 AM

10,510 posts, read 4,068,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
now we say men can get pregnant is truth and scientific.
I also noticed on TV shows, it seems nearly all the Black women are lesbians now, and the roles Black men take were originally written for White men. And well, Hollywood is still controlled by the liberal white man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 04:07 AM

7,425 posts, read 3,567,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I also noticed on TV shows, it seems nearly all the Black women are lesbians now, and the roles Black men take were originally written for White men. And well, Hollywood is still controlled by the liberal white man.
commercials too, almost every commercial is either an interracial or same sex couple. it doesn’t bother me any, but it makes it seem a bit overrepresented and out of touch with reality.

Old 05-03-2024, 04:28 AM

5,994 posts, read 2,249,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Were welfare benefits given out based on need back then?

A home with a single mother I would think would need benefits different from a home with an employed father in the home.
The issue was in order to qualify for welfare you pretty much had to kick the male out the home which sounds great to those that don’t consider the economy of the late 1970s in thes factory based cities. It was very hard to qualify for welfare with a male in the house regardless of marriage status, it was assumed any man with a strong back could feed his family with a minimum wage job of some sort.

In cities with factory closures, mining closures, farm closures in the 1970s led to high unemployment, inflation, and no jobs like 1980s Detroit or part of West Virginia for instance. There was no way that a man or father could get a job or have the money to relocate somewhere else considering the 1000s of job loses going on. This continued with outsourcing through the 1990s.

So you needed to kick the male out even if married to qualify for any assistance for the family and there are strict rules concerning how much time a male can spend in the home. Problem is pretty clear when looking back, The rust belt, factory towns, and mining communities have never recovered since the 1970s and the policy of booting men permamatly broke families since the jobs never came back. People forget that some states required inspection of the home every so often to verify no male lived there or had clothing there to continue on aid, very intrusive process.

I laugh now a days when people say there is a war on men because a lot of policies that men stuck their chest out proclaimed were good ideas were literally attacks on men due to a bad societal belief that it was impossible for a man to not find a job to support his family, it must be laziness, drugs, deadbeat, on and on. It did not take the economy and local job market in place or the more modern issue of a job does not equal the ability to afford housing at all.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:43 AM

1,434 posts, read 765,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
now we say men can get pregnant is truth and scientific.
Who said that? Besides you, I mean. I hear outraged conservatives spewing about it, but I've never heard anyone on the other side actually say it.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:56 AM

4,565 posts, read 2,286,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Who said that? Besides you, I mean. I hear outraged conservatives spewing about it, but I've never heard anyone on the other side actually say it.
Just one example. I'm sure I could find more if I felt like wasting my time trying to prove something to you. But I don't feel like it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ttee-men-can-/

snip

"A House committee hearing on abortion restrictions took an unexpected turn Thursday when a Democratic witness who works for Planned Parenthood testified that men can become pregnant.

Dr. Bhavik Kumar, medical director for primary and trans care at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, replied in the affirmative after being asked by Rep. Andrew Clyde, Georgia Republican, if men could become pregnant.

“So men can have pregnancies, especially trans men,” Dr. Kumar told the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:59 AM

8,274 posts, read 3,516,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
The exact same people who just repealed Roe v Wade since this documentary was before that case. 12 and 14yo getting pregnant and then needing to finish school so they can’t bond with their children, or mandated work just to leave them alone in sub par placement just to stay on welfare. This is so very sad for these children. And their children’s children for the ones who live that long.

“Multiply this child by many and we have multiple sins. … In which one generation allows another generation in significant numbers to be hurt and killed in spirit.”

We are in the early 1970’s of the new millennium. Can’t wait for the crime wave of the 80s and 90s that comes next with the unwanted kids “dead in spirit” killing others in the literal sense as they did the first time.

Weird to call that episode “fatherless families” and then just 1 sentence about how the dads “aren’t allowed” to be there. Most (not all) are in jail or fled town. That was status quo in 1970’s American poverty culture

Everything in this video is due to lack of education in birth control and access to safe legal abolition. It’s sad how simple the solution is and yet ignored.
Abolishing what? Abolition is not needed.

Maybe if they were not engaging in sin then they would not need to be using birth control. Engaging in sin has consequences. Choosing to not be amoral is probably the best solution. Fornication is a sin.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:11 AM

1,434 posts, read 765,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Just one example. I'm sure I could find more if I felt like wasting my time trying to prove something to you. But I don't feel like it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ttee-men-can-/

snip

"A House committee hearing on abortion restrictions took an unexpected turn Thursday when a Democratic witness who works for Planned Parenthood testified that men can become pregnant.

Dr. Bhavik Kumar, medical director for primary and trans care at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, replied in the affirmative after being asked by Rep. Andrew Clyde, Georgia Republican, if men could become pregnant.

“So men can have pregnancies, especially trans men,” Dr. Kumar told the House Oversight and Reform Committee.
So, not bio men, but trans men? Okay, what would seem to be a big duh.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:21 AM

4,565 posts, read 2,286,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
So, not bio men, but trans men? Okay, what would seem to be a big duh.

The "doctor" said that men can get pregnant, especially trans men (meaning that regular men can also get pregnant).

Old 05-03-2024, 06:28 AM

15,524 posts, read 7,551,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Abolishing what? Abolition is not needed.

Maybe if they were not engaging in sin then they would not need to be using birth control. Engaging in sin has consequences. Choosing to not be amoral is probably the best solution. Fornication is a sin.
Sin is irrelevant, and for non-believers doesn't exist. People have sex. Period. It's one of the strongest natural drives.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:51 AM

27,643 posts, read 28,738,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Sin is irrelevant, and for non-believers doesn't exist. People have sex. Period. It's one of the strongest natural drives.
Illegitimate children and single motherhood are the biggest factors in causing poverty in the United States to this day.

That is the elephant in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies