Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie2008 View Post
Hi Summering,

OK, I'll talk. I am savoring every bit of this weather before things go downhill. I like your quote, "Summer Stay." I hope it sticks around for awhile.
Jackie so nice to meet you........and have someone "talk"
Yes, I love Summer.....I wish it would stick too, but alas......I feel fall weather coming and the leaves are changing.
Got a call it was 60 in Binghamton today. Now, that is way too cold. TG we had 85 and higher this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
My wife, from the South, is anxiously waiting for the fall. To her, it has seemed like it's been so hot for this far north. She did live in Chicago one year. It seems, finally, that today will be the last hot day unless there is another heat wave. The weather report shows highs only in the 70's for the next several days. So for her, that may be good news, but unless global warming is a factor, it should be a lot cooler from now on. I used to live up north of Binghamton NY in the 80's and I remember we had one summer that was so cool, it never broke out of the 70's even in July, and was mostly in the 40's at night.
Oh Frank, don't tell my Binghamton daughter that.......she's upset it was 60 today up that way. We're still here getting a tan.
This was a hot summer, great for the pool...Oh how I just loved it. emmmmmm

Old 09-12-2010, 07:08 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
I'm dropping in for a quick catchup on this rainy Sunday morning.

Yep, Sum....this was a great summer on the mountain. With the unusual and excessive heat, we spent so much time in and on the lake I felt like a kid again.

I guess we are getting some much needed rain today. I hope we get a good soaking before the ground freezes.....several wells goin' dry here.

I've heard a few people remark that we can expect a very wet, nasty winter since we had such a hot, dry summer. Guess we'll see. We did have that freak snow storm here on the mountain before Halloween last year. Lots of folks lost power for several days.

Switchin' gears..........has anyone ever been to the antique market at the Schuylkill Mall? If so, what was your experience/opinion? The reviews I found on line were a hoot! Customers seem to think the staff are a bunch of meanies...... (tongue in cheek). Seemed like odd reviews.

Been really busy here.....'nother grandson arrived on August 23. I'll check back as I get time.

Take care, Everyone!!

Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM

So Rockky and everyone..........What do you think about all the leaves turning. It is so fall out there..........It really is.
So now I have to close the pool. I am stalling, stalling.......but it is time. Bah.......
Wow, Oprah is on and its her last season.........I think she gives a trip to Australia to everyone in the studio. WoW!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,058 times
I love the fall! Love the colors in the trees and the brisk morning temperatures when I go for my walk. Love it!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 PM

The colors are gorgeous.......as always.
Our Pennsylvania is so awesome with grand mountains........
I'm actually getting in the mood to go to NY to Christmas shop, very soon.......

Old 09-16-2010, 06:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,058 times
LOL @ Summering. I'm looking forward to going down to Lancaster, PA to Christmas shop!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
The colors are gorgeous.......as always.
Our Pennsylvania is so awesome with grand mountains........
I'm actually getting in the mood to go to NY to Christmas shop, very soon.......
Are you going to make it to FL this winter? There are some good deals at the Candlewood Suites in Lake Mary.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM

Really...........Gosh, yes I am all set for four months in South Carolina. But........still, miss Beckycat, I adore florida and feel it will be our winter place in time.
SC had a rough winter last year. Much to cold for me......
If it returns to that again, I must look forward and be in a warmer winter place.
I'll have to look that up. I must think hard about this and I know it. We have met so many wonderful friends in SC and the golf there is awesome. Once I give up the home there, it will be hard to find a good replacement.( if need be ) That is the kicker......

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 17,026 times
Location wise best developments to live around Scranton: Harmony Hills, Laurel Ridge,Windsor Hills..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania