Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 04:30 PM

11,778 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

I left NY because of all the stupid policies put forth by our Govenor. Between what's happening in NYC and this weekend at Batavia - we have to arrest and hold these criminals accountable. People - it's time to wake up and speak up. I still am in contact with many of the police officers protecting NY citizens and it's
disgusting to talk them and realize their frustration with not being able to take criminals off the street. They're given an appearance ticket and go right back and commit another crime. When are you going to say enough. Vote for candidates that will protect you or before you know it Buffalo will look just like NYC - you;ll be afraid to walk the streets.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...174122196.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 05:21 PM

5,693 posts, read 4,090,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I left NY because of all the stupid policies put forth by our Govenor. Between what's happening in NYC and this weekend at Batavia - we have to arrest and hold these criminals accountable. People - it's time to wake up and speak up. I still am in contact with many of the police officers protecting NY citizens and it's
disgusting to talk them and realize their frustration with not being able to take criminals off the street. They're given an appearance ticket and go right back and commit another crime. When are you going to say enough. Vote for candidates that will protect you or before you know it Buffalo will look just like NYC - you;ll be afraid to walk the streets.

It's crazy and getting more crazy by the day. If you work hard and pay your bills, or are a job creator, NYS doesn't want you. Only the people who get government benefits are allowed.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:30 PM

93,276 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:

I believe crime has actually decreased within the state(especially outside of NYC and I believe that homicides and shootings decreased in NYC last year), which was already lower than many other states(inc. AL, look at Birmingham). There is still work to do and always will be, but it isn't like anytime one walks outside of their door, you are going to be a victim of a crime.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:48 PM

5,693 posts, read 4,090,496 times
Crime is everywhere. City crime has infiltrated the suburbs. People post on different websites from their ring doorbells, even though the media doesn't do what they are responsible for. The malls are out of control. Criminals get released without bail. What a shame. Eventually, fate will end this. And some will cry. Pretty sad.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Crime is everywhere. City crime has infiltrated the suburbs. People post on different websites from their ring doorbells, even though the media doesn't do what they are responsible for. The malls are out of control. Criminals get released without bail. What a shame. Eventually, fate will end this. And some will cry. Pretty sad.
To be honest, it has always been the case, there are just more cameras and outlets like nextdoor to pass along everything now. So, that isn't anything new.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:31 PM

God bless your heart ckh - you are exactly the type of voter and prey criminals want - those that are clueless because they only listen to liberal talking points. Why is crime down - because they plea bargain everything - all you have to do is talk to a cop or listen to a police scanner. Numbers are fudged ckh - hate to break it to you. You take care and be mindful of everything around you.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:39 PM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:

Quote:
God bless your heart ckh - you are exactly the type of voter and prey criminals want - those that are clueless because they only listen to liberal talking points. Why is crime down - because they plea bargain everything - all you have to do is talk to a cop or listen to a police scanner. Numbers are fudged ckh - hate to break it to you. You take care and be mindful of everything around you.
Yup!!

Old 03-13-2024, 04:02 PM

Quote:
He has everyday…Nope, it isn’t about the type of voter for me. I’m simply mentioning something that has been mentioned in relation to data and the same can be said about states that have worse crime rates without Bail Reform and before it was instated in NY in terms of crime stats.

Like I said, this will be an ongoing thing with or without Bail Reform and one should always be aware, but no need in living in fear either.

Old 03-13-2024, 04:07 PM

161 posts, read 86,283 times
Quote:
Private justice seems to be the solution. Cops won't risk another GEORGE FLOYD on their watch and who can blame them. They gave Chauvin 22 yrs + Federal charges.

I don't blame them 1 bit. Get your 25-30 yrs in and LEAVE ASAP !

Give back to NY what NY gave to you !

Old 03-13-2024, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
He has everyday…Nope, it isn’t about the type of voter for me. I’m simply mentioning something that has been mentioned in relation to data and the same can be said about states that have worse crime rates without Bail Reform and before it was instated in NY in terms of crime stats.

Like I said, this will be an ongoing thing with or without Bail Reform and one should always be aware, but no need in living in fear either.
Maybe I'm fearful because I didn't know if the dude doing the smash and grab in Walgreens on Sheridan Drive in the Town of Tonawanda had a gun. Cops didn't even ask for a description from any of the customers or asked if we saw what direction he went in because they knew they would just have to let the guy go with an appearance ticket.

When that type of crime moves into the suburbs - then you better start being fearful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York