Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I live in western new york because I prefer this climate to a warmer one.
I live here because of my job. 1 10.00%
I live here because it is home and my family is still here. 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times

Advertisements

Okay western new yorkers- you know who you are - you secretly love it when the city shuts down - shakes up the mojo--so put down that chicken wing, pop on your parka and go outside and tell us how many inches so far? how was the parking lot at Wegmans? anybody lose power? I sure do miss the white stuff myself- there was never a more wonderful feeling than waking up and seeing a snowfall that threw all your plans out window - especially on school closing announcements! We used to laugh that on school closing days.. the bus couldn't make it up the street to take us less than a mile to school but we never had trouble getting up to the lift at kissing bridge...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 07:53 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,212,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
pop on your parka and go outside and tell us how many inches so far?
How about a little visual of what it's like in Buffalo tonight?

Who needs a "parka" to run outside and snap a picture to share? It's 20° with a wind chill of about 5° , we're expecting 6-10" but hey, it's Buffalo.
Attached Thumbnails
-okay all you lovable snowflakes..how much??-tonight121507a.jpg  

Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 AM

3 posts, read 7,735 times
I remember so well winter in Rochester, New York. Too much snow, ice, wind and cold for me! As soon as I was able, I moved to Florida, where a friend of mine actually drove several hours north to see snow. I declined an invitation to go along.

I now live in western Tennessee. The whole county shuts down if we get an inch of snow because nobody except for transplanted Yankees knows how to drive in it. Every now and then we have a slight accumulation, which is enough to make me happy.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,260 times
we are suposed to get thunder/lighting snow today

Old 12-16-2007, 09:09 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,212,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum33460 View Post
I now live in western Tennessee. The whole county shuts down if we get an inch of snow because nobody except for transplanted Yankees knows how to drive in it. Every now and then we have a slight accumulation, which is enough to make me happy.
The first year, after 3 months actually, our (life long Buffalo) friends moved to NC and a "storm" hit the area. Two inches of snow blowing around and there were cars off the road. They went out to help stranded motorists and got pulled over by the police. The officer asked if they knew there was a driving ban, their reply was "We're from Buffalo". The police let them go without a ticket so they can help people get home. This was the year after Buffalo's "7 feet of snow" storm.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
The first year, after 3 months actually, our (life long Buffalo) friends moved to NC and a "storm" hit the area. Two inches of snow blowing around and there were cars off the road. They went out to help stranded motorists and got pulled over by the police. The officer asked if they knew there was a driving ban, their reply was "We're from Buffalo". The police let them go without a ticket so they can help people get home. This was the year after Buffalo's "7 feet of snow" storm.
Looks like Buffalo is going get more for New years too

Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
Looks like Buffalo is going get more for New years too
oh please, i need to check the forecast, i am going to the winter classic tomorrow - ugggg

Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,840 times
We got about 2".

I got a kick out of the "drama" by the national announcers at the winter classic hockey game for "terrible snow... etc, etc...." Hello, it is winter and this is Buffalo!!

Given they "drama", maybe some people can understand why people think it is so "terrible" here.... when it isn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: