Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 06:51 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,419,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogger65 View Post
I just happen to stumble upon this post, I can speak in regards to NYS Roads... because I just got home from a road trip and crossed through seven different states Before returning home to NYS and let me inform those who dont have a clue... Out of the seven states I just traveled, Our home state of Western NY IS the worse!!! As I crossed over from Erie PA state line on the I86 into NY.. I could tell by the condition of the roads that I had just entered a different State. The moment I saw "WELCOME TO NY" I hit a pothole the size of TX's and I tried dodging them for the next 65 miles until I was home. Now my truck is out of line, and I have a shifted belt in my front right tire. Thank You NYS
There is your problem; you were traveling on I-86. I-86 is on the bottom of the food chain for interstates. We have more important roads to fix first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 06:56 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,329,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
There is your problem; you were traveling on I-86. I-86 is on the bottom of the food chain for interstates. We have more important roads to fix first.

I-86 is the Chevy Cruze of highways...right?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:16 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,419,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post

I-86 is the Chevy Cruze of highways...right?
I-86 is at the bottom of priorities. I-90, I-95, I-81, I-87, and I-84 get first dibs.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,762 times
Does anyone know the common cost of this ticket? In NY. He said it would be decided by judge... He said I could plead not guilty and go to the court...

Old 01-21-2017, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times
I purchased the car in NC where only 1 plate is required & there is no front plate fixture. Just had an auto start installed couple days before I got a ticket in broad daylight in front of my home for no front plate. No one from the NC dealer in June 3016 nor LI dealer in January 2017 told me it was NYS law to mount a plate in front of my vehicle. I will pay but in protest. Shame, NYS DMV & inc. village for not educating the public (even in defensive driving classes to get insurance discount every 3years) on such frivolous laws!! I now have to ruin my very large front grille (the aesthetic reason I purchased car in the 1st place) to accommodate a law to make it easier to give a law abiding person a ticket! St least issue a warning, as the car wasn't illegally parked. How many tickets will I get while waiting for the dealer to order the right bracket to place a plate on- is there a grace period or just more money paying the officers salary to "enforce the law," generating daily tickets until part comes in (which can devalue vehicle and rust car), and let's not forget the parts and labor I get to pay? Great state to live and own a vehicle in- I feel so safe now, knowing local officers are guarding my home and ticketing my car parked in front of it. How about ticketing the dog owners for 11:01pm-7am barking, people "jay walking" walking their dogs in the middle of the road & just plain strolling, & the idling pick up trucks in the back yards with auto starts at 5:55am running up to 29 minutes daily? wouldn't want to take you away from the dangerous job of parked car ticket writing! This unnecessary fee monies could be better spent continuing my annual donations to PBA, Rotary, National state troopers and NYS police officers association, PAL and their organizations to support those officers who need a salary to issue wasteful tickets instead of stopping the bad guys who road rage and play decibel piercing music while at stop signs in front of your home- even the school zone speeding and lane turning without warning blinkers. Will I get ticketed for expired stickers on windshield for my donated PAL and above mentioned organizations until I put on the 2017 ones?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:19 AM

15,882 posts, read 14,536,317 times
Just get one of these. Pull it out when you park.

https://www.amazon.com/Show-Go-Licen.../dp/B001E4E0ZW

Old 05-10-2017, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times
Default My plate fell off

The other night I came out of a gas station and realized my license plate was dangling for it's life off my front bumper. I don't recall hitting anything to cause that to happen at all during the day. Considering I only drove to my jobs. I managed to safely take it off, due to the fact I was afraid it was going to fall off, now that I noticed it(It would be my "Luck").
I have it displayed on my dashboard temporarily(Literally going to get it done tomorrow evening) So I'm sure by the time this is answered I should be fine. I'm just curious about weather or not I'd get a ticket right away or just a warning.
Or does it depend on the officer?

*Actual title: My plate almost fell off*

Last edited by Sallyannechris; 05-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Title

Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,417,948 times
Why is a front plate even a big deal? Like why do people not want to put it on? NY require it. Just do it. I don't get it...

Old 05-22-2017, 11:13 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,666,402 times
Oh yeah you can get a ticket for it. It's rather spendy as well. Might no be super enforced in some areas, but in others holy cow is it enforced. When I bought my SUV, the dealership had to mount a license plate holder to the front of the vehicle. It was not manufactured with the cut out in the bumper for it. It looks soooooooo stupid! Many states don't have front license plates. Seems like a money grab in good ole NY.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:15 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,666,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reetabeeta View Post
I purchased the car in NC where only 1 plate is required & there is no front plate fixture. Just had an auto start installed couple days before I got a ticket in broad daylight in front of my home for no front plate. No one from the NC dealer in June 3016 nor LI dealer in January 2017 told me it was NYS law to mount a plate in front of my vehicle. I will pay but in protest. Shame, NYS DMV & inc. village for not educating the public (even in defensive driving classes to get insurance discount every 3years) on such frivolous laws!! I now have to ruin my very large front grille (the aesthetic reason I purchased car in the 1st place) to accommodate a law to make it easier to give a law abiding person a ticket! St least issue a warning, as the car wasn't illegally parked. How many tickets will I get while waiting for the dealer to order the right bracket to place a plate on- is there a grace period or just more money paying the officers salary to "enforce the law," generating daily tickets until part comes in (which can devalue vehicle and rust car), and let's not forget the parts and labor I get to pay? Great state to live and own a vehicle in- I feel so safe now, knowing local officers are guarding my home and ticketing my car parked in front of it. How about ticketing the dog owners for 11:01pm-7am barking, people "jay walking" walking their dogs in the middle of the road & just plain strolling, & the idling pick up trucks in the back yards with auto starts at 5:55am running up to 29 minutes daily? wouldn't want to take you away from the dangerous job of parked car ticket writing! This unnecessary fee monies could be better spent continuing my annual donations to PBA, Rotary, National state troopers and NYS police officers association, PAL and their organizations to support those officers who need a salary to issue wasteful tickets instead of stopping the bad guys who road rage and play decibel piercing music while at stop signs in front of your home- even the school zone speeding and lane turning without warning blinkers. Will I get ticketed for expired stickers on windshield for my donated PAL and above mentioned organizations until I put on the 2017 ones?
Read the NYS drivers manual. NC would never inform you of NYS laws. They only worry about NC laws. It's up to all driver's to be educated on the laws where they are driving. You were given 2 license plates when you registered the vehicle. the second one was not a spare nor was it a decoration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York